Thread: Culturally arranged marriage (CAM) visa

Default Culturally arranged marriage (CAM) visa

Im a NZ Citizen, I've lived, studied, worked in NZ almost all my life (minus 3 years)

I lodged an application for my partner (soon to be wife as soon as she arrives once visa is approved) in 2013 which till today has not been approved.

I have given everything INZ have asked for but have been gifted with nothing but grief, problems and stress in return.

Most recently (October 2015) my partners Visa was declined due to the same reasons it was declined the year before even though everything wanted was provided .

We had our case handled through complaints whoch we were told would take 20days but it rather took 4 months for a response!
    The response we got a step forward as they said the case would be re-opened. We then waited a further 2 months had no updates from INz whatsoever. I got my lawyers to contact them and their manager looked in to it only to find that they have lost the my partners file ( HOW ON EARTH IS THAT POSSIBLE?????) anyways i kept my cool on and didnt bother about it even though internally we were very dissapointed and frustrated but we thought hey maybe they will speed the process up... But i was wrong

Now since the teir 2 complaint was lodged we have now been waiting 7 months with no progress whatsoever.

I am hoping to go to the media with this as this is utterly disgusting. Im a NZ citizen and I have my rights just as everyone else. I know of people whos visa applications have been approved within 2 weeks to 4 months and the evidence / documents they provided were nothing compared to ours.

I am an IT engineer and I seriously would never and have never put my clients through this. I handle escalations and customer complaints within 24hours and we get about 80 - 120 a day.
    This is a complaint so shouldnt these be handled differently?? Isn't there a process in place?? Why the constant

Everytime i call INZ call centre they are hopeless as the case officers handling the cases.

Any advise as what to do next or who to contact next please...

I dont want it to be 4 years and we've met in person and spend about 6weeks together.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Guess-who; 15th May 2016 at 08:43 PM.

The INZ call centre is manned by people who are not qualified to handle cases - they are a human FAQ, working from an information database. So you really can't expect any in-depth information from them, because all they can access is the same material as what is publicly available through the INZ website and operational manual.

Apart from consulting an immigration lawyer, and lodged the complaints, which you have already done, the further steps I can think of are to involve your MP, and to write personally to the Minister.