Thread: Partnership visa based on partner work visa

Default Partnership visa based on partner work visa

Hi everyone, we are planning to lodge work visa and EOI at the same time.
    My husband is in New Zealand on a WHV working on his skilled job already so he can start working and secure the job.

We've been together for 6 years, married and lived together for 3 years. However, he is in New Zealand now and there is about a 5-6 month gap of being apart from each other.

Will I get denied for my partner based work visa? We want to be re United as soon as possible.

During our time apart,
    I can provide on going Skype conversation and emails
    Ongoing Joint credit card accounts
    Ongoing Joint life insurance
    Me named as emergency contact with his employer now that he is there by himself

I have a lot of evidence before his move. Joint tenancies, joint bank accounts, joint credit cards, joint car insurance, joint tenancy insurance, joint medical insurance with each other as beneficiary, letters from families, photos of our wedding, family outing, many of our vacation to uk, nz, Asia etc., marriage certificate, and that he sponsored me to become a Canadian permanent resident as his spouse 2 years ago... I'm not worried about evidence I have before his move but just after.. now that we both live apart due to his job.

I tried googling the forums for answers.. Is there more evidence I can provide? Does it help to have me added to his current tenancy in NZ even though I'm not going to be there yet? what else can we do now that we live in different countries? I am currently unemployed, but we have some savings in our joint account that I can possibly send to him (but he doesn't need it)
    Last edited by Nzdream89; 15th May 2016 at 09:14 PM.

It is perfectly possible to get a visa based on partnership even though there is a gap, as long as you can show a reasonable reason for having to be apart (which you have, because he has travelled to find work) and can show how you have kept in contact during the absence (which you have mentioned).