Thread: EOI to Skilled Migrant application

Default EOI to Skilled Migrant application

Hi there,

I've recently been invited to submit my full application for a skilled migrant visa following a successful expression of interest (EOI).

Really excited to get this far but now have concerns about the next step!

Should I assume that if I provide the required documentation proving my qualifications, work experience, etc. outlined in my EOI then my full application should be successful as my EOI was?

Or should I consider reviewing my application to make sure it's as good as it can be?

On the one hand I don't want to spend any more time on it as I spend countless hours completing my EOI (and would never be sure/satisfied, no matter how much longer I spent on it!) but on the other hand it's a lot of money to spend so I want to give myself the best chance possible!

Many thanks for your help...

Of course you should spend time reviewing everything to make sure your application is successful. You only need to do it probably once in your life, so why not investing time now?
    "Should I assume that if I provide the required documentation proving my qualifications, work experience, etc. outlined in my EOI then my full application should be successful as my EOI was?" =>> No, don't assume. You have to be very sure about the documents you provided. Beyond that there is verification process done by immigration officers, so you don't want to make any mistake, do you?
    And the verification process is not just about the documents provided, the officer is very likely to contact your past/present employer, your university to confirm the details of everything. You may also get an interview with the CO too.

The biggest issue with SMC applications is around employment/job offer. Assuming that you are in NZ and claimed points for a job offer, then you would be wise to confirm that your employment is indeed skilled. Not just that the job title matches that on the list of skilled occupations, but the your role substantially matches that for the role as described on ANZSCO.

Thanks for your help! Guess I was hoping that passing the EOI was the biggest hurdle, but from what you're both saying it's just the first step. I invested a lot of time already completing the EOI but I'll review my responses to the Qs and see if I can make the application better.

I do have a job currently that I'm claiming points for, and have tried to match the relevant ANZSCO skilled role description in my EOI, but perhaps some working examples of why the job is skilled would help?