Thread: Help on Qualification to request for NZQA assestment

Question Help on Qualification to request for NZQA assestment

Dear All,

I am seeking help on which Qualification to request for assessment, I hold a Bachelor of Science in Electronics and communication Engineering which form Previous thread will be at Level 7, i have 10 year work experience in Philippines as a Maintenance Planner

My Qualification false in 2 category, one in Electronics Engineering Technician and the other is can be seen in ICT, im looking on the Data Base Administrator, i know that from the Job title that i have it will be difficult for me to claim on Qualification and Experience bonus point under absolute skill shortage list, But the Job description and task that i have has both relevant to Electronics engineering and Database administrator.

Maintenance Planner require the skills of Engineering trade to interpret schematics, create repair policy of Electronics Equipment as well as Electrical Equipment, analyze equipment breakdown, and at the same time i act as the Database Administrator, Maintaining the data base, upgrade and enhancement of the system, i also have some migration Project of the system as well as the implementation and set up of CMMS and Database Integration.

Now My question is Which of the 2 qualification should i request for assessment so I can claim Bonus point for Qualification under Absolute skilled shortage and Experience under Absolute skill shortage?

Will my Job Title affect even i can provide a signed copy of the Job description from my previous Company.

Below are my computation for my points.

Age - 37 -25 pts
    Work Experience from comparable Market- 10 years -25 pts. or 30pts
    Qualification - Level 7- 50 pts.
    Spouse Qualification- Level 7-20 pts
    Qualification under Absolute Skills shortage - 10 pts?
    Experience under Absolute Skills shortage -15 pts?

Ill be at 145 if i can claim the 10 and 15 bonus points. Hope any one with same case or know something about it can give me any information.
    Last edited by rdj; 16th May 2016 at 08:31 PM.

hi rdj,

My suggestion is to use the qualification category which you are most comfortable with.
    If your qualification is in Engineering, and you are claiming additional points in LTSSL.
    The likelihood is they will require letter from IPENZ.

The KA02 form IPENZ is a lengthy process, and you would need to relate your work experiences in detailed to your college qualification.

Thanks Hernani, If im going for the ITC as Data Administrator, will it require IPENZ?

rdj,

The evaluation is more towards your engineering degree rather than what you are/will be doing. As long as it's an engineering degree, I think they will ask you to go for IPENZ. It happened to me when I received my IQA outcome yesterday. Very disappointed but still need to do it...
    Last edited by soonkoh; 17th May 2016 at 09:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hernani View Post
    hi rdj,

My suggestion is to use the qualification category which you are most comfortable with.
    If your qualification is in Engineering, and you are claiming additional points in LTSSL.
    The likelihood is they will require letter from IPENZ.

The KA02 form IPENZ is a lengthy process, and you would need to relate your work experiences in detailed to your college qualification.
    Hernani, isn't KA01 enought?
    thks,
    Nelson