Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No replies from immigration officer - possibly prejudical information

Default No replies from immigration officer - possibly prejudical information

Hi Guys,
    my first post on this forum.

Little of background before I start.

EOI sent : 15 November 2015
    ITA received: 27 November 2015
    Application sent : 14 March 2016
    CO assigned: 3 May 2016
    First contact from CO: 9 May 2016

I received a letter with information that i have to respond within 24 hours (bold and red).
    Document attached to this email indicated four concerns regarding my application.

1. Missing transcript of my partner's higher education ( i sent only diploma so I actually admit that they might have issues about this part)
    2. Lack of translations of our birth certificates. - This one was quite strange cause document I sent was multilingual official document with embedded translation in about 16 different languages

Possibly prejudicial information:
    1. Not enough information covering stable relationship (apparently having two kids does not prove it)
    2. insufficient proof of experience in Absolute Skill Shortage List area (actually I sent official HR letter stating my positions within the company )

Deadline 23rd of May

I contacted assigned CO over the phone. Even after following my directions and actually holding my birth certificate in hand she was not able to spot english translation within the document.
    I had to send soft copy of the certificate with highlighted parts to show it.
    CO have not responded to this email.
    I sent soft copies of the missing documents, no response.

Questions are :
    Is CO mandated to expect reply within 24h? What if i'm out on the field trip at this period of time?
    Do CO have to somehow respond to the clarification emails that he/she approves/disaproves the clarification?
    Do I have to be worried if I there is no communication from CO even I sent soft copies of documents requested?

My documents were lodged to Shanghai branch.

Thanks in advance for any response.

Cheers!

Is CO mandated to expect reply within 24h? What if i'm out on the field trip at this period of time?
    Within the last year, INZ have had instructions from the government to set these very short deadlines for extra information required - it is supposed to speed up processing. And yes, you are dealing with a government department adminstering an aspect of the law, so they have very wide powers. In practice, COs know that extra information cannot be magically produced out of thin air in no time, so they are usually quite reasonable about waiting a little longer, as long as the applicant gets in contact before the deadline and explains what they are doing to supply what is required.
    Do CO have to somehow respond to the clarification emails that he/she approves/disaproves the clarification?
    No. You can't expect a relationship of social politeness with your CO. The COs' job is to focus on moving their cases through, so telling people 'now your case is doing this, now your case is doing that' is not part of it, as that time could be better spent doing something on another person's application which would get it one step nearer to granting their visa. This is why EVERYONE spends long periods of time with no contact from INZ. These times are when the CO doesn't need any more information, and hasn't any news of a result to give.
    Do I have to be worried if I there is no communication from CO even I sent soft copies of documents requested?
    No, but keep careful records of what you sent, and when, in case there are queries later.

Possibly prejudicial information:
    1. Not enough information covering stable relationship (apparently having two kids does not prove it)
    2. insufficient proof of experience in Absolute Skill Shortage List area (actually I sent official HR letter stating my positions within the company )
    1. No, it doesn't. People can have children without living together. Also, you could have split up since having them. INZ need evidence that a couple have been living together in the time immediately before the application. Also, be aware that they may well ask for more partnership proof just before the visas are issued, covering the time of processing (so as not to issue a partnership based visa to someone whose relationship has ended in the meantime). Here are old threads about evidence of partnership which should give you more ideas about what you need to provide. https://www.google.co.uk/#q=site:enz...tnership+proof

2. I suggest you need to do a covering letter to the HR document, linking each line describing your responsibilities to the elements of the ANZSCO job description. Make it easy for the CO to see that it is proved, and tick the box, instead of making her have to think it out.

Hi Jand,
    thanks for Your reply.
    I'm propably overreacting
    Maybe because I spent so much effort on compiling my application I thought its perfect. Apparently not so much.
    We'll wait then.
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by pdemich View Post
    2. Lack of translations of our birth certificates. - This one was quite strange cause document I sent was multilingual official document with embedded translation in about 16 different languages
    This one sounds worrying. (By which I mean to me, myself; I don't mean to say you should worry.) If the documents actually have the same info in English and several other languages, then I wonder how this cannot be noticed? I'm not sure what you mean by embedded, though. Harder to see?

Still, as these applications are founded on details you'd hope that the people making the decisions have the right eye for them.

You sometimes have to think that some piece of 'verification' (or not!) was done in the last five minutes of a Friday afternoon...

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    You sometimes have to think that some piece of 'verification' (or not!) was done in the last five minutes of a Friday afternoon...
    This is understood. We are all humans. That is why i called the office and tried to go through the document with the CO. With no luck.
    For Your excersise, there is 2nd page of my Birth certificate:
    example.jpgexample2.jpg

There are numbered fields on the first page with respective translations on the second page (shown above).
    Is it really so hard to spot it?
    Last edited by pdemich; 17th May 2016 at 04:35 PM. Reason: unreadable image

Is it part of the original one? I mean, the back page or something? If it is a separate page, it may not be apparent that this is the official thing. Otherwise, it does seem rather clear...

Quote Originally Posted by dharder View Post
    Is it part of the original one? I mean, the back page or something? If it is a separate page, it may not be apparent that this is the official thing. Otherwise, it does seem rather clear...
    Positive. Birth certificate is one sheet document. What You are looking at is actually back side of the BC.

Positive. Birth certificate is one sheet document. What You are looking at is actually back side of the BC.
    Well in that case, I really don't know. Maybe they just had one of those days.

Or maybe the person just did not flip it over to see the back side.......
    I am sure they go through a lot of paperwork.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast