Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IPENZ KA01 or KA02?

Default IPENZ KA01 or KA02?

I have got my IQA assessment outcome from NZQA and since I am having an engineering degree in electronics (Bachelor of Engineering), the outcome is 'Bachelor degree at Level 7'. They suggested me to go for IPENZ assesment.

I sent email to both ipenz@ipenz.org.nz and Michele mboniface@ipenz.org.nz and got 2 different reply

Michele says:
    With the information you have provided we can advise that, it would be necessary for you to be successful via the Knowledge Assessment avenue in order to gain the letter you require for immigration purposes.

It would be through this process you can use a combination of evidence of academic study and knowledge and skills gained in the workforce to demonstrate that you have (and can apply) a level of engineering knowledge equivalent to that gained through a Washington Accord degree.

Therefore we will need you to complete the KA01 (ignoring the payment sheet) and provide us with certified photocopies of all of your engineering degree certificates and accompanying academic transcripts (in English please). If you have had an NZQA assessment done please include a certified photocopy of your NZQA assessment (if you have had an assessment done), and any other associated documentation (also certified). If affiliated with any overseas organisations these will need to be noted on the application form and evidence (in the form of certified photocopies) also provided. Completing the KA01 is for administrative purposes.

In addition to the KA01 you will need to complete the KA02 documentation (see attached KA02 and the draft notes which explain the requirements).

The fee for the KA02 Knowledge Assessment is NZ$1351.25 and forward all documentation to us in hardcopy.
    Once your documentation has been received and payment processed the assessment time will be about 6-8 weeks.

If you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

ipenz@ipenz.org.nz replies with:
    I have had a quick look and it looks like we may be able to verify your qualification through the Board of Engineers Malaysia (KA01). If we can’t you will need to do a KA02.

If I go to http://www.ieagreements.org/Washingt...Accredited.cfm and click on (Board of Engineers, Malaysia), I can see my degree is accredited programme.

Should I do KA01 or follow what Michele said, go for KA02? Anyone here have similar experience?

ipenz@ipenz.org.nz replies with:
    I have had a quick look and it looks like we may be able to verify your qualification through the Board of Engineers Malaysia (KA01). If we can’t you will need to do a KA02.

If I go to http://www.ieagreements.org/Washingt...Accredited.cfm and click on (Board of Engineers, Malaysia), I can see my degree is accredited programme.

Should I do KA01 or follow what Michele said, go for KA02? Anyone here have similar experience?
    hi soonkoh, I'm not an expert and my application is still in the NZQA assessment stage.
    My understanding from Michelle's quote is she did a quick verification on that site, in particular the "Board of Engineers Malaysia" section.
    And there's a probability that your qualification is an accredited programme (Washington accord).
    You would need to complete the KA01 form to have them start their official verification.

Quote Originally Posted by hernani View Post
    hi soonkoh, I'm not an expert and my application is still in the NZQA assessment stage.
    My understanding from Michelle's quote is she did a quick verification on that site, in particular the "Board of Engineers Malaysia" section.
    And there's a probability that your qualification is an accredited programme (Washington accord).
    You would need to complete the KA01 form to have them start their official verification.
    I sent 2 emails with same inquiry to them, one to IPENZ general email ipenz@ipenz.org.nz, another one to Michele (IPENZ Membership Service Manager) which I got her email through this forum.

My email to them:

"I claimed for bonus points under ICT on LTSSL in my Skilled Migrant Category (SMC) application. However, my IQA outcome does not qualify me for bonus points (refer to the attachment PDF).

Therefore, I would like to seek your advice whether I will need to do KA01 or KA02 assessment. Looking forward to your reply soon."

Michele asked me to do KA02 directly.

On the other hand, I got reply from Brittany who is a member helpdesk (via ipenz@ipenz.org.nz) asking me to do KA01 and I replied with the following:-

"My NZQA outcome mentioned that my qualification is not Washington/Sydney accord accredited, do I need to do KA01 or straight away proceed to KA02? Thanks."

Brittany replied:-
    I have had a quick look and it looks like we may be able to verify your qualification through the Board of Engineers Malaysia. If we can’t you will need to do a KA02.

I got my engineering degree in 2003. The Board of Engineers Malaysia (BEM) was only recognised by the Washington Accord as one of its signatories in 2009. Having said that, my engineering degree is accredited by BEM.

I am still thinking whether I should go for KA01 and who knows I might receive a negative outcome later and need to go for KA02.

I have wasted money on PAR and I have just spent USD2,262 for the foreign bank draft for ITA fees. Bleeding too much recently therefore I would like to reduce the risk by asking for advice/suggestion from you guys.
    Last edited by soonkoh; 17th May 2016 at 10:52 PM.

Hi,

I can understand level of your frustration.

1.First of all you didn't mention name of your university, so wihtout this info it can't be checked
    2. In Your place i would make a contact with NZQA first and explain them what you have mentiioned here.
    3. Looking at the fact, i would say you would need KA02 because you got degree in 2003 where as Malysia board of Engineer became signatory in 2009 so in myview it's pretty straight forward.

I hope this helps you.

Just to let you guys know that I have gotten the hard copy letter from IPENZ for my KA01. I think as long as your degree title can be found here http://www.ieagreements.org/Washingt...Accredited.cfm, then you can try KA01. It doesn't matter if you've obtained it before or after your country becoming the signatory.

Hi
    Have they required you to do KA02 still? or have they provided you an IPENZ certification with just KA01?
    thanks
    AR.

No, I was not required to do KA02. They have provided me a letter to say that my qualification satisfies the benchmark requirement for prof. membership of IPENZ and CPENG in New Zealand.

Hi soonkoh
    I also received the same reply from Michele of IPENZ requiring for KA02. Below is the reply:

"According to the link you have provided, your degree programme has Washington accord accreditation from September 2015. As your degree was granted in 1997 it is not covered under the Washington Accord.

In order to gain bonus points you will still need to complete the KA02 application."

I am planning to submit also trough KA01 just like yours because I have found out that my qualification as Computer Engineering is accredited by
    Philippine Technological Council, a signatory of Washington Accord. I based it from your post that as long as you are under a signatory body, no need
    for KA02 application.

your thoughts.
    Last edited by jaworski; 28th June 2016 at 06:20 PM.

May I know from which country you get your Eng. degree? If it is from Philippines, I don't think it's listed there.

Regardless, you can do KA01 first, and if you fail to go through KA01, then you can proceed with KA02 because they will deduct KA01's fee that you have paid from KA02 fee that you are supposed to pay.

Hi soonkoh,

I am really looking forward to your kind reply for this concern. I have assessed the following degrees,

1) Bachelor of Science of the Engineering Honours in Electrical Engineering - University of Moratuwa, Srilanka.

2) Master of Science Enterprise Software engineering- University of Greenwich.

I have got the following outcomes.

Attachment 3392

I have been referred to do an Assessment for bachelor degree with IPENZ to claim bonus points for the career come under the LTSSL. My occupation comes under ICT(Software engineer).

Here is the image from the outcome explanation.

Attachment 3394

Attachment 3393

Since I am from Sri Lanka, IESL which is a Washington Accord signatory since june, 2014. (http://www.ieagreements.org/Washingt...Accredited.cfm) . My Bachelor of the Science of Engineering( Electrical Engineering) is an accredited 4 years full time programme as per the IESL record. Its mentioned here (http://www.iesl.lk/IESL-Accredited-E...ee-Programmes/). You can see my degree name B.Sc Eng (Honours) Degree in Electrical Engineering, University of Moratuwa. I have graduated in 2008. IESL mentioned the degree is accredited from 2008 intake onwards.

I am going to write an email to ipenz@ipenz.org.nz. I hope the KA01 assessment would be okay?

Let me know your feedback on this.

regards,
    Ragu

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast