Thread: About Permanent Resident Visa(or obsolete RRV)

Default About Permanent Resident Visa(or obsolete RRV)

I just want to know whether we are eligible to apply for PR if
    I just stay 1 years and 183 days in the first half of the second year and then leave NZ.
    After two years from the first arrival from offshore, May I apply for PR from offshore?

In theory, sort of yes, assuming your "183" is a mistake for the 184 days mentioned in all the regulations. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...zealand/slider But notice, INZ count BACKWARDS from the date you apply for PR. So the application would have to be carefully timed.

An example.
    If you entered NZ on 1st October, 2014, then you would be able to apply for PR two years later - 1st October, 2016. Suppose you had left NZ after 1 year and 184 days, and your last day in NZ was 2nd April, 2016.
    If you applied for PR on 1st October, 2016, INZ would look back a year and see that, between 1st October, 2015 and 1st October, 2016, you had been in New Zealand for the 184 days. Back another year, and you had been in NZ for ALL the days between 1st October, 2014 and 1st October, 2015. That would be all correct and they could grant your visa.
    BUT if you applied even one week later, INZ would look at 8th October, 2015 to 8th October, 2016, and in that 12 months, you would only have spent 176 days in NZ (and still the full year for the previous 12 months), so you would not qualify.

Thank you very much.