Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: No contact made by Case officer for SMC application

Default No contact made by Case officer for SMC application

Hi Guys,

Below is my SMC application timeline

EOI selected - 17 Feb 2016
    ITA Submitted - 17 March 2016
    CO assigned - 16 May 2016

I rang immigration contact center and they advised me that CO was assigned on 16 May 2016
    Today is 19 May 2016 and I haven't got any email or call from CO.
    I even checked with my employer and they did't recieve any questionnaire either.

Is this normal or not?

It's normal. Just be patient.
    She will only contact you if she needs some more documents from you or if she has some queries about your application.
    About the questionnaire it will take some times for her to customize the content. No 2 questionnaires are the same, they're not kind of copy-paste thing, so it will take a few days before your employer receive it.
    Also bear in mind that one CO have more than one applications at a time to handle. So you've been told that your case is allocated to a particular CO, but it doesn't mean she has to take your file and action immediately.
    Good luck

When your EOI was selected, your file went into a date-order queue. Every time any of the COs finished some cases and had room for more, they would get files taken from the front of that queue.

When YOUR file was one of those taken, that is when you could be told 'it is allocated'. But at that point, it would go on the end of the CO's own date-order queue, becoming one of 70 - 80 cases s/he is responsible for. All COs have to work their allocation of cases in rotation. They take the first, do everything they can for the time (sending out queries, or ticking off replies), then put that to the back and take the next, then the next, then the next, and so on. Your CO won't be seeing your file and doing the first work on it until it works its way to the front of the pile and gets its first turn for attention.

Quote Originally Posted by l00k View Post
    It's normal. Just be patient.
    She will only contact you if she needs some more documents from you or if she has some queries about your application.
    About the questionnaire it will take some times for her to customize the content. No 2 questionnaires are the same, they're not kind of copy-paste thing, so it will take a few days before your employer receive it.
    Also bear in mind that one CO have more than one applications at a time to handle. So you've been told that your case is allocated to a particular CO, but it doesn't mean she has to take your file and action immediately.
    Good luck

I think some of the CO's are not customizing the questions. Just like mine. They gave my employer questions that were for both Retail and Restaurant Manager. Then I let my agent checked it and he said it is a copy paste job. Actually, you could easily notice that it is copy paste job coz the questions were not specific. He just listed all the job description of a restaurant manger that is stated in the ANZSCO and asked my employer if I do it and if yes briefly explain. Just saying.

Hi guys,

I received an email today from my co requesting to send her earning information, bank statement/payslips.
    Now waiting for questionnaire to be sent out to employer

hello Everyone,

My SMC Timeline is:

EOI submitted in January 2016
    ITA issued on 15 February 2016
    ITA submitted on 23 February 2016
    CO allocated on 21st April 2016

I am still waiting to hear from the case officer. when I followed up at INZ contact centre on 24 April 2016, they told me that CO has been allocated on 21st April 2016. I emailed him regarding the application but still waiting to hear from him. even my employer has not received any Questionnaire.

My file is in Auckland Central Branch.
    is it really normal???

confused...please help??

See my post #3 in this thread, just above. Yes, it is normal. Your case is one among hundreds being dealt with by INZ, and one among probably nearly 100 being dealt with by your CO. There are long periods of time for everybody when time passes and they don't hear anything. Either the file is waiting its turn for attention, or the CO is waiting for replies from people s/he has asked for verification about what you have said on your ITA. The CO will only be in touch if s/he needs more information, or has something to tell you.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesking201lee View Post
    I think some of the CO's are not customizing the questions. Just like mine. They gave my employer questions that were for both Retail and Restaurant Manager. Then I let my agent checked it and he said it is a copy paste job. Actually, you could easily notice that it is copy paste job coz the questions were not specific. He just listed all the job description of a restaurant manger that is stated in the ANZSCO and asked my employer if I do it and if yes briefly explain. Just saying.
    Haha in my case it's a Korean CO. She's very meticulous and she even paraphrased the ANZSCO tasks so that it doesn't look boring
    And in addition to the ANZSCO core tasks, there are few questions about salaries, length of service, whether I've had a different position in the same company before and where I'm a hardworking, reliable employee

Quote Originally Posted by l00k View Post
    Haha in my case it's a Korean CO. She's very meticulous and she even paraphrased the ANZSCO tasks so that it doesn't look boring
    And in addition to the ANZSCO core tasks, there are few questions about salaries, length of service, whether I've had a different position in the same company before and where I'm a hardworking, reliable employee
    Do you mean you've applied from Korea? Not really important, I don't think, but the application centre here sends everything to Shanghai where I suppose all the COs must be, so probably not 'Korean' COs, if that's what you were thinking.

On another note, I wonder in this kind of system if the process must be a bit longer in time, compared to if you can submit your docs directly at a place where COs do their work. Must be a bit slower.

No I submit in Henderson office. My CO is in New Zealand, but her surname suggests that she's Korean (Choi).
    Koreans are well-known for being careful, hardworking and innovate. I really like Korea.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast