Thread: SMC Retail M. questions

Default SMC Retail M. questions

Hi all,
    I m working as a Retail Manager and just had got some questions as i m about to start my process as well.

1. when the ITA is received, do we have to send our orginal agreement or is it fine with attested copy.
    2. I sent the police c.certificate one year before while applying job search visa, so for SMC application do i again have to get police c.cert.
    3. i been hearing from some people that when they receive the ITA, then they also send all the documents like ANZSCO job descriptions evidences so that they will hear very few questions later, is it true and effective or is it good to send just the mandatory documents and wait for the questionaire..

please advise
    Thank you inadvance!

San11

1. attested copy is acceptable,
    2. yes, you have to get a fresh police certificate,
    3. It depends how long you have been in the job and if you are working in national chain, or alongside owner. I recommend sending the mandatory documents only. But make sure you start collecting evidence of the tasks you perform that match the ANZSCO description of a retail manager. The KEY requirement is to demonstrate you have effective control of the retail business and have the high-level decision making authority. If you are having to run to the owner all the time for permission then INZ will view your role as "shop-keeper" rather than manager. Note to self - "run it like you own it".
    Last edited by MrMark; 20th May 2016 at 07:56 AM.

Thank you mrMark for your kjnd response. Cheers

2. Here is the detail about police certificates. http://onlineservices.immigration.go...nual/41439.htm

Thank you Jandm.
    Also just a quick question, is $17.50/hrs tooo much low for retail manager? Could it be a problem while applying.
    Please advise. Thank you.

INZ often refers to Career NZ website when it comes to salary judgment.
    So a retail manager in NZ often earns between $17 and $22
    http://www.careers.govt.nz/jobs-data...etail-manager/
    And Trademe salary guide provides that median pay is $42,000 = $20.19 and the salary ranges from $30k - $75k. However, I think this is old figure, as the mimimum wage is now already $31,720.
    http://www.trademe.co.nz/jobs/salary...ty-tourism.htm

Thank you look for ur prompt advice.