Thread: Afrikaans Books in New Zealand

Default Afrikaans Books in New Zealand

Hi everyone,

I am looking for Afrikaans books to buy here in New Zealand. Apart from Christ in Education Ltd, does anyone know of any other stores selling Afrikaans fiction and non-fiction for all ages here in New Zealand?

My suggestion to those moving here: don't get rid of all your Afrikaans books - it is very difficult to find Afrikaans books in New Zealand and very expensive to have sent over ...

Hi there. I know you said you're looking to buy, but don't forget if you're in Auckland, Auckland Libraries has access to Afrikaans books. There's both children's and adults, fiction and non-fiction: http://www.aucklandlibraries.govt.nz...languages.aspx You don't have to travel to those libraries, you can request them to come to your local library for you.

Auckland Libraries also has access to Overdrive and Zinio where you can get Afrikaans books and magazines.

A quick search of the Wellington City Libraries and Christchurch City Libraries catalogues also shows there are books in Afrikaans in both cities.