Thread: If a school ask you to interview....

Question If a school ask you to interview....

The school my son applies ask us to go to meet the headmaster.
    We ask the school whether there is a place for my son if he pass the interview. The school does not reply us directly.
    As we are not currently in NZ, the time of when to move to NZ all depends on when my son's school starts.
    So, can you please tell me if a headmaster will interview the applicant even there is no place?
    Thank you very much

Only the headmaster knows that.

Yes, typically, the headmaster will interview even if there is "no" place.

Thanks, all!!!
    Just wanna do some update....
    The school agrees to have skype interview with us.
    Happy!

Congratulation for that!
    Welcome to Aotearoa ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Sackboy View Post
    Congratulation for that!
    Welcome to Aotearoa ^^
    What shall we prepare for the skype interview? I mean what kind of questions will be asked?
    English is our second language, we really want to have a better preparation for it.
    My son is 11 years old, apply for term 4 year 7.
    Thanks a lot!

I think it will be formal questions and about the english requirement, if your son is stuyding in english medium in the current school then it will not be a problem. You will just need a letter from the school saying that the course they taught there are all in english medium.

NZ schools which are used to receiving foreign children usually like to talk to them to get an idea of what knowledge and skills they have already, and therefore, what kind of help they are going to need. They decide the placement in a year group partly based on what the child knows, as well as having regard to the chronological age.

Quote Originally Posted by nzapplicant View Post
    What shall we prepare for the skype interview? I mean what kind of questions will be asked?
    Just to clarify - is the interview to apply for a place at a private school (eg Kings)? If so, I imagine the questions will be more involved than just testing language ability (although I have absolutely no idea what the questions would be) - maybe if you start a new thread about private school interviews, you'll get replies from people who have been through that process?

Quote Originally Posted by Oregonkiwi View Post
    Just to clarify - is the interview to apply for a place at a private school (eg Kings)? If so, I imagine the questions will be more involved than just testing language ability (although I have absolutely no idea what the questions would be) - maybe if you start a new thread about private school interviews, you'll get replies from people who have been through that process?
    Dear All, Thanks a lot!!!