Thread: Need advice from fellow Singaporeans

Default Need advice from fellow Singaporeans

Hi all,

I've noticed that there are quite a number of Singaporeans in NZ and active in this forum. Need some specific advice.

I'm moving to NZ in a few months' time and planning to stay for the long term. I have a house in Singapore and my NRIC is registered under this address. I'm going to rent out this property when I leave Singapore. I have read from the ICA website that I can notify ICA about my change of address to an overseas one via mail or fax. So does that mean all the agencies that send letters to my registered NRIC address will now send them to my overseas address? I'm worried that my mails will continue to be sent to my last known local address and my future tenants will receive them.

Any experience to share will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Yes, you do have to change it with ICA. They will add a sticker to your NRIC with the new address. And any government letters will be sent to your NZ address.

As for banks or other parties, you may have to inform them manually of your NZ address. Best yet, get them to email you those letters instead.

This is what we've done and if anyone has other experiences please share.

Probably can change IC address to a relative place instead.
    Or just change to email instead of mail.

Quote Originally Posted by breeze View Post
    Yes, you do have to change it with ICA. They will add a sticker to your NRIC with the new address. And any government letters will be sent to your NZ address.

As for banks or other parties, you may have to inform them manually of your NZ address. Best yet, get them to email you those letters instead.

This is what we've done and if anyone has other experiences please share.
    Hi breeze,
    do you know any singaporean group in palmerston north. if yes, hope you dont mind letting me on. thanks.