Thread: UK buy to let mortgages ?

Default UK buy to let mortgages ?

Has anyone got any experience with having a buy to let mortgages whilst living in NZ? I have tested the water with a few lenders and they don't seem to want to lend to non uk residents....any tips or recommendation of mortgage providers?

Cheers

Hi, We managed this but might have been a different situation to you. We transferred our mortgage to a letting mortgage while living in the UK and then notified them of leaving the country sometime later when we emigrated.
    That was with Nationwide.

Quote Originally Posted by Knorfield View Post
    Hi, We managed this but might have been a different situation to you. We transferred our mortgage to a letting mortgage while living in the UK and then notified them of leaving the country sometime later when we emigrated.
    That was with Nationwide.
    Thanks - nationwide is our current lender but they don't do interest only mortgages anymore. Think I might be getting some where with a few irons in fires now.

I appreciate your comment as its good to know there is someone out there doing what we want to!

Hi

Yes, have recently remortgaged in the UK and it was a nightmare . Very few banks want to touch you.

Try skipton international . They have been great!

Feel free to pm me if need more info .

Hope this helps

Default buy to let mortgages

Quote Originally Posted by AVFC View Post
    Has anyone got any experience with having a buy to let mortgages whilst living in NZ? I have tested the water with a few lenders and they don't seem to want to lend to non uk residents....any tips or recommendation of mortgage providers?

Cheers
    Ha ha, we asked about buy to let and our bank said - yes we can take you off your current rate of 3% and raise it to 6% if you want to go overseas. So lovely of the bank. So how about it, we raise your monthly fee for 300 to 600 pounds. At which point someone said don't tell them...you can decide what you want to do!
    Don't we all love bankers.