Thread: Losing job for Interim visitor visa while waiting for accreditated employer work visa

Default Losing job for Interim visitor visa while waiting for accreditated employer work visa

Hi guys!

I have been working in a dairy processing plant for 7 months now and I'm currently holding an open work visa. I applied for work to residence visa ( accreditated employer) and INZ received my application at the 15th of April.

My open work visa is going to expire in 3 days time on Friday (27 of May ) and INZ sent me a letter at last Friday that they will grant me an interim visa with visitors condition. I called INZ and they told me my application is still in process. Do you guys think I will lose my job?

There is no set rule on this. It's down to your contract with your employer, nothing to do with INZ.

However, since your employer is accredited, which means he's set up to employ foreign workers coming into the country and sponsoring them for visas, he must be used to the fact that INZ sometimes put them on interim visas when there is a delay. He also must have a good record for keeping to employment law. So it doesn't seem likely that he would penalize you for something that is not your fault. I'm sure he knows you will start back at work the moment you are legally allowed to do so.

But really, you need to talk to him.

Thanks JandM for replying me.

I told my manager about it and he is trying to talk to upper management. I ask a union delegate about it and he says I most likely won't which made me more relieved now. Now I'm just worrying more about whether my visa application will be approved in the end.

@JandM: Any idea what happens if my visa gets declined? Will I need to appleal?

Just found out today that INZ only started looking at applications applied from 4th of April from yesterday(23rd May). INZ haven't even relocate my application

It is very unlikely your visa will be declined, since an accredited employer is sponsoring you. I know this situation must be frustrating, but try not to overthink the situation - it's an uncomfortable time to live through, but you will come out at the other end of it.

UPDATE: Got my visa today at 3 days after expiry date!

That's good news.