Thread: Definition of Partnership : problem

Default Definition of Partnership : problem

Hi,
    I have already asked this question somewhere else, but I would like to have your point a view (I really want to have a precise answer to this question, as it really stresses me..) :
    My partner plans to do a PhD in New Zealand, and I would like to join him (and work there). We've been together for almost 5 years, and we've lived together for more than 2 years, the problem is : I had to move in Ireland for professional reasons (In fact, I was borred in my last job, and I wanted to improve my english before moving to NZ ^^) , and he won't do the PhD before March 2017 or September 2017 : we won't match with the defenition of "Partnership" in the Immigration website.... Do you think it's a problem ? Will I be able to have the visa ? Thanks !
    PS: I have more than 80.000 fb messages to proove that this relationship is real

how long have you lived apart? living together is a requirement of being granted a partnership based visa, unless you have a good reason for a small duration of living apart it is not likely you will be successful. It also takes much more evidence than just fb messages to prove partnership, you will see a list of things they look for on the INZ site and and many things you can use as evidence on the forum by searching "partnership proof"

Hi
    Yes I won't be able to have this visa :/ I think I will come with the WHV one, and then try to have the Work visa (Partnership). Do you think that the fact that WHV is just for a year will scare the potentials recruiters ?
    Thanks

Not at all, if you go to a recruitment agency you should not have much of a problem finding work

You can't imagine how your reply makes me feel better Thanks