Thread: How to apply PR for Bio medical engg category which is not in skilled migrant category

Question How to apply PR for Bio medical engg category which is not in skilled migrant category

Hi

I am an international student doing Ph.D. in Bio Medical Engg at the University of Auckland. I am entering the second year of my doctorate and have a full-time job offer in hand . I hold a student visa now. But i want to apply for PR. When i checked the immigration, my category bio medical engg is not listed in the long term skilled shortage list.

My immigration adviser suggested me to go for work visa initially and in later stages we can for resident visa. But my employer is hesitant to support me in applying work visa as am a new entrant .

Please guide me in which category i can apply for PR.

Why do you want it to be on the LTSSL? If you have the qualifications and a job offer, you can apply for residence under SMC. http://skillshortages.immigration.go...ical-engineer/

Thank you for your reply. I will apply for residence.

Hi Gotham,

I have a job offer and qualifications... and I got my Work Visa for two years... Now I am applying for PR... it depends of the time that you have to get the 'right' to work for your job offer...

PR will take at least 3.5 months, if you are lucky! Work visa will take max a 1 month.