Thread: EoI points for Work experience

Default EoI points for Work experience

Dear friends,

Could someone help me in clarifying the below which is being going around in my head for the past few weeks.

1. I have 10+ years of experience as project manager which is listed under LTSSL as 133111 Construction Project Manager but do not have the qualification exactly as listed. I have an MBA, bachelor degree in Architecture and PMP. Did my IQA for MBA and BArch with a generic outcome of level 9 and 7 respectively. My question is, can I claim the 15 points under '*Additional bonus points for work experience in an area of absolute skill shortage' without claiming for the 10 points under 'Qualification in an area of absolute skill shortage'.
    SM13.20 (iii) says if the principal applicant is suitably qualified by training and/or experience to undertake that work.... So and/or comes to play here.
    All my experience are with US and UK domiciled companies.

2. My wife is employed in Government office as System Analyst which is in LTSSL. Can she claim points for 'Recognised Work experience' even if the employer is not domiciled in one of those 'Comparable Labour Markets' as per SM11.10 (b) where it states 'Work experience must also have been gained in a labour market that is comparable to the New Zealand labour market unless: (i)the work experience meets the requirements set out at SM13.20 for work experience in an area of absolute skills shortage;

I am trying to lodge my SMC without the job offer to have more flexibility in terms of timelines, hence struggling to get past the 140 mark.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Please help me by clarifying my query above.
    Thanks

1. The rest of SM13.20 iii states "...including any specific requirements set out in column 3 of the Long Term Skill Shortage List...", and those requirements are to have a qualification that has been stated by NZQA to be comparable to one of those listed for LTSSL (column 3 being identical to column 4). So no, you can't claim bonus points for work experience.

2. Your wife's qualification need to be on the INZ List of Qualifications Exempt from Assessment, or she needs to have an IQA stating that her qualification is comparable to one of those listed for LTSSL (see under the green button here) http://skillshortages.immigration.go...stems-analyst/, for her to come under SM11.10 b.

Many thanks, JandM