Thread: Applying for Work Visa Based on Partnership

Question Applying for Work Visa Based on Partnership

I recently got married on January 20th 2016 to a NZ resident and had applied for Work Visa in India directly. But they gave me a Visitor visa as we did not meet living together criteria. Well now it's been 4 months since we've been married and we haven't been apart since. Landed in NZ with my wife on March 1st and now would like to apply for Work visa. I wanna know if I should wait a little longer or if I could go ahead and apply. I've been granted visiting visa for 9 months which ends in November. I don't have a job offer yet which is a cause of concern for me. Also if someone could help me out what sorta content should be there while framing the letter to the Immigration that would be great.

Things I have with me now.
    * Photos for proof of living together.
    * Bank account statements for 2 months.
    * Medical certificated and Police clearance already done the first time and its been less than 36 months as stated in the application.

Any help or information regarding this would be really helpful.
    Last edited by stephenkiran; 25th May 2016 at 04:03 PM. Reason: to add more content

Here are old threads on the subject of evidence of partnership, with lots of explanations, discussion and suggestions. Remember, for the application for a first partner-sponsored work visa to go smoothly, you need LOTS of evidence, as many different kinds as you can provide, showing you're together as each WEEK passes. Experience shows that INZ take applications with around three months' solid evidence seriously, so you could put in your application as soon as you have gathered that.