Thread: Confused after calling immigration contact center!

Question Confused after calling immigration contact center!

Hi Guys,

I contacted immigration contact center yesterday afternoon to get an update on my SMC application and was told that it is in process.

I called up again this morning and the lady said I may be getting a letter to send my passport to documentation office in a week or so.

I'm not sure if my application has been approved as my employer only sent questionnaire to CO on 23 May 2016.

Anyone had same experience ???

Do you have an online account? If it shows APPROVED then you can expect to have the AIP letter soon.

Default Time frame

Hi sunnylubs,

could you please tell me how much time it take for whole process after submitting ITA.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by ajayaks View Post
    Hi sunnylubs,

could you please tell me how much time it take for whole process after submitting ITA.

Thanks.

Hi ajayaks,

I received my ITA in first week of March 2016 then submitted my documents on 17 March 2016.
    CO was assigned on 16 May 2016.

You can except a CO within 3 months once your file is in process after submission.
    (This is what I was told by INZ on a letter)

The whole process is estimated to take 6-9 months as stated on most branch pages. But it's highly variable. Several people had to wait more than 9 months, whereas many people got residency within 3-4 months.