Thread: How long get a result after interview?

Default How long get a result after interview?

Hi everyone,

I have got an interview with immigration officer on Friday 13/05/2016. (Resident visa - Skill Migrant) but until now I have not heard anything from them. Is this normal or abnormal? should I gave them a call? Normally how long you will have the result after the interview?

Thanks Guys,

I waited 5 weeks even though the CO told me I should be informed of the results 4 weeks after the interview

Is that interview was telephonic or office visit plz ?

It is unpredictable how long you will have to wait to know the result. Your CO will have made a decision quite quickly after the interview as to what outcome s/he recommends, but the file than has to be passed to another official for second-person checking (looking for errors, and to guard against the possibility of corruption). There will be a queue till your file gets its turn for attention, and how long that queue is depends on how many files went through that office just before yours, which of course there is no way to tell. Sometimes a CO says, 'It will be about x number of weeks,' but that is only their guess, based on files of theirs that have just gone through, and things can change in a short time, and they're not aware of the volume of work happening for all the other COs.

Hi Hannah,

I was interviewed on 11 April 2016, still waiting for the decision.

I called helpline week ago and they said that the decision has not been made yet and you are way within time limit

I hope that the result will come within next 15 days

Thanks JanD,

Hi Nav07, I think in your case it a bit too long, it's seem to be almost 2 months.
    Last edited by hannah nguyen; 27th May 2016 at 09:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pCott83 View Post
    I waited 5 weeks even though the CO told me I should be informed of the results 4 weeks after the interview
    Hi, they told me the same, I will get the result in 4 weeks, it already 2 weeks, let wait then

Quote Originally Posted by changotra View Post
    Is that interview was telephonic or office visit plz ?
    hi, They call us and ask which way we want: interview by phone or face to face (we are now in NZ) so we choose face to face