Thread: Work Visa Application Inquiry (while SMC application is under assessment)

Question Work Visa Application Inquiry (while SMC application is under assessment)

Hi all,

My case details are below:

Resident Visa (SMC) Application Date - 13th Oct 2015
    First email inquiry - Feb 2016
    Second email inquiry - Mar 2016
    Telephonic Interview - 4th April 2016
    Work Visa Expiring - 28th July 2016

After the telephonic interview my lawyer was informed that the case will be transferred to 2PC if we provide the full contract copy stating leave policies, etc. We have provided that and expected it to go to 2PC or at least in 2PC que (after providing the updated contract on 8th April). However, we haven't received any update as to what's happening so I asked my lawyer to follow up and,

On Wed, 18th May we sent a follow up email - No response
    On Wed, 25th May we sent another follow up email - My lawyer was told that I should apply for further work visa as the CO will be unable to announce the result by my Work Visa expiration (July 2016).

I have a few questions, and would request the advice for the following:

> For work visa extension - Do I need to apply with all the work and educational documents again or will they have my details already as my case is under assessment?
    > How much time does it take for WV?

PS - Sorry for the lengthy post.

Thanks and kind regards,

Jagdev

> For work visa extension - Do I need to apply with all the work and educational documents again or will they have my details already as my case is under assessment?
    Ideally, yes, because it may not be dealt with by the same CO, or even in the same office. The easier you make it for this other CO (by them not having to call up your previous records), the faster they can process your new visa. (But make it clear that you have got the application for Residence in, and give full details, as it will help for various things.)
    > How much time does it take for WV?
    It's normally a matter of weeks, rather than months, but there is verification to be done, so there can be delays if anyone doesn't answer promptly. Since the INZ website was updated, they have removed the "processing times" pages there used to be, so I can't refer you to their own estimate.

Once your application for a work visa has been lodged, if your present visa comes to an end, INZ can automatically issue you with an interim visa, so you are legally allowed to remain in NZ.

I notice you are saying 'we'. If there is a partner involved, make sure that person applies for a suitable work visa, too.

Thank you JandM

As my WV is expiring on 28th July 2016 and I am awaiting to get back my Employer Supplementary form from my HR person.

>> If I don't get my WV extension approved by 28th July, would I be given Interim Visa automatically; and would I be able to work during Interim Visa?

>> Would a Cover Letter be helpful explaining my situation with WV documentation ? (by mentioning - my recent salary increment, awarded as best employee of the year, being my RV application in assessment, etc)

I am little over thinking here I guess but any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

J

As long as the application for a work visa has been lodged before the old one runs out, you will be issued an interim visa automatically.

If you are applying for the same kind of work visa that you had before, normally an interim visa will allow you to continue to work. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...ditions/slider

Certainly you can send a cover letter. The issues of having applied for residence and the salary increase may have a bearing, and the other thing can't hurt, either.

Good luck.

Thank you so much JandM for your help, much appreciated.

I got my work visa approved today and it's for just 10 months (8th June 2016 - 8th April 2017). Fingers crossed!

Hi JandM,

I had an email in the morning saying change of status. So, I checked it online on INZ website and it's approved there.

I hope it's true and not mistake as my lawyer mentioned sometimes CO updates it online by mistake. My lawyer want me to submit her the passport so she can get the sticker done for me. Hope for the best!

Thanks JandM for your support, your knowledgeable advise always comes handy.

Thanks
    Jagdev

Congrats bro
    Hope so I will get Gud news soon fingre crossed ☺️☺️