Thread: Partnership visa and main applicant change job

Default Partnership visa and main applicant change job

Hi all,

First time to post here, thank you for taking your time to read my post.

I am on a essential work visa and recently got my visa until May 2017. My partner has also recently received her partnership visa expiring May 2017.

So if I decide to look for another job and apply another work visa eventually, does it affect my partner? or they view it as two separate case?

Also, if I got job offer by my new employer, when do I notify my current employer? As I need to provide 4 weeks notice, however I would not know how long it take for my visa application.

Thank you.

So if I decide to look for another job and apply another work visa eventually, does it affect my partner? or they view it as two separate case?
    Your partner would also have to apply for a new partner-sponsored temporary work visa, because her present one depends on your present one that is specific to THIS job. As soon as you get another work visa, your present visa ceases to exist, so her visa becomes invalid, and she has to get a new one depending on your new visa.

Thank you for answering JandM.

I have been advised by my employer to ask immigration. Called them and they said my partner doesn't need to apply another visa her current one expires.

I am a little confused now

I've told you what has been the case for other people on the forum. The INZ helpline person, who is not a case worker but a clerk working from a computer database, has told you what they came up with. Over to you.

Hi,

My SMC resident visa is currently in process by a CO. I included my wife in the application as well. So my situation is that i came here last year on an essential skills work visa that was valid for 3 years and my wife soon followed after on a partnership-based temporary work visa. I then had changed my job, new employer and all and applied for a new work visa which was granted for 1 year only.

We had called the INZ helpdesk to check whether my wife needed to apply for a new work visa and they said no. At that time i had submitted my EOI and received our ITA in March. CO last communicated about my IRD and payslips which i gave and have already communicated with my employer.

My questions is, while my SMC is getting processed, will there be any issues with partnership bit (whose work visa is for 3 years)??

Please help..

NO, although technically her visa cannot be valid for longer than yours. However before it becomes an issue, you residence visa is likely to be approved.