Thread: Queries about work visa (specific purpose) application

Default Queries about work visa (specific purpose) application

I have applied for a specific purpose work visa online a few days ago. I have been told that this kind of visa applications are usually done in 22 days. Is that true? My application's current status after 10 days is Application submitted, will there be any change of status like CO assigned or the final decision on the application? I applied through Shanghai branch.

Cheers
    Last edited by Jane_nri; 30th May 2016 at 06:59 AM.

Certainly many visas get put through in around that amount of time. However, the online status very often doesn't keep up - it is kind of an afterthought that gets done off a list in a different office.

Yes... You will contacted by your CO before or around day 25. If they need extra documents it will take more time. I was contacted 23 after my application was summited (without weekends)...

It's the 11th day since I submitted my application. I received an email from an immigration officer whose has been given my case. She told me that I applied for a wrong work visa sub-category, however, she has changed it to reflect the actual purpose of my visit. She further asked me to provide my residential address in my home country so that she may assess my application. That's it!
    Does it mean that she has already gone through my whole application and only needs this information or she get back to you again?

Cheers

There is no way to tell for sure if that will be all of it, but certainly from what she said, she thought she'd got everything she needed for the time being.