Thread: Stamping residency visa

Default Stamping residency visa

Hi

How long hamiltom branch takes to stamp residency visa ?

As with most things about INZ, it varies, depending on how busy that office is at the time. I've seen people say it was a couple of days, or a couple of weeks.

Thnx jandM for always providing the information..

Can u pls let me knowi that wil immgration opens tomm. Or not?

When case offcier close our file after approval. I got AIP from my CO side .Is my file is still open or not ? And who will stamp our visa? Is there any different department ?

The CO puts your name on the list to get the AIP information sent out. The CO has finished your case at that point. The list of names is dealt with by clerks in another department. It can be several weeks till you get the AIP info, either through the post or by email. If you don't hear anything after three weeks, it is fair enough to ask INZ, in case anything has gone astray (and keep checking your spam email folder, too).

When you have the AIP info, it will give you instructions about sending in your passport to get the visa label put in. This will be done by another, different department, who will have received the list of people entitled to get the residence visa. (This is what I thought you were asking about in your first post.) There is nothing complicated about this, with nothing to prove - they just receive your passport and stick in the label, as usual, dealing with all their incoming post in date order.

Thnx JandM for providing the information