Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 40 days to go, psyched and happy [progress thread]

Welcome to the Land of the Long White Cloud- Aotearoa, New Zealand.

Good luck. We are arriving next week to Wellington on a short stay of one month and move by end of this year

Welcome to Wellington nms.sun3 You should arrive just in time for early summer. I hope you will find wellington very beautiful and welcoming.

Just a few more updates.

- Got rental. Yay. We are moving to our rental home in Johnsonville next Friday (5th of August)
    - Got car. We bought 2004 Toyota Wish with a roughly 50,000 km on it from Toyota dealership in Porirua. Its a bit more than what I budgeted for the car, but runs good and our mechanic (recommended by my friend living in Wellington for decades) things its a good buy.
    - Got the kids in to school. They start from Monday. We will take them in car from hotel to school for a week and then they will walk to their school once we move in to our house.
    - Amazed the kindness and take it easy attitude of kiwis everywhere we met. Here is one sample.
    --- The rental car company (Apex rentals by Wellington Airport) didnt even bother checking the vehicle upon return. They are like eh, it looks good when I asked them if they need to check.
    - Had picnic lunches at beach, oriental bay, botanical gardens and in a bush walk. Just gorgeous sights everywhere (and unbelievable wind that can sandwiches from our hands).

More later...

Quote Originally Posted by r1c1 View Post
    Welcome to Wellington nms.sun3 You should arrive just in time for early summer. I hope you will find wellington very beautiful and welcoming.
    Thanks r1c1. It is a business trip for a month and utilise this opportunity to convince my NZ peers for a role here Two birds in one stone eh. We were planning to zero down on a house but apparently i have to shell out 30% downpayment if i use my overseas income proof. so we had dropped this option for now. Lets catch up if you are free as we will be holed up @ Willis Street.

@nms.sun3... sure. PM me once you are here. We can certainly catch up.

Update?

I'm curious to hear an update, too! How was your first Wellington winter? Did the kids enjoy walking to school? What kind of activities do you enjoy?

Quote Originally Posted by Juniper View Post
    I'm curious to hear an update, too!
    I know right?! He must've gone too busy nowadays. I find his updated posts quite interesting to read 😊

He's still reading the forum, and his profile shows he was on here yesterday, so he may see that you're interested.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast