Thread: Patnership work visa - Marriage

Default Patnership work visa - Marriage

Hello everybody
    i'm getting be married at the end of June 2016 and actually i've got a Working Holiday Visa that will expires at 16 August 2016.

I will live with my future wife and her parents as soon we will married, so anyway i can prove details about this (i will pay the rent ecc. ecc.)

The problem is: can i start the process about the Patnership Work Visa as soon we will married and live togheter because my WHV will be expires very soon... or is it possible maybe applied an Culturally arrange marriage visa to have the possibility to stay here after 16th August while i will waiting the patnership work visa process?

Thank you so much

Experience shows that INZ take applications for a partner-sponsored work visa seriously when there is around two to three months'-worth of evidence of living together. So there is no point in putting in an application for the visa immediately after you are married and begin living together, because you would not have enough evidence yet. You need to collect A LOT of evidence (See old threads here https://www.google.co.uk/#q=site:enz...tnership+proof for discussion of what is necessary, and ideas of what can be used.), and lodge your application maybe 10 days to 2 weeks before your WHV runs out.

As long as your application is lodged while the previous visa is still running, you will be issued with an Interim visa, to keep you legal while the application for the new visa is being processed. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...a/interim-visa

Make sure you keep on collecting evidence even after the application has gone in, and throughout processing. INZ normally ask for more proof that you are living together, covering the time of processing, just before granting the visa. Keep on collecting evidence even after getting the visa, because you will need all that you had from the beginning, and then more, to get 12 months' evidence for a partner-sponsored Residence visa next year.

A culturally-arranged marriage visa does not cover your situation: it is a special visitor's visa which allows someone to enter NZ for the purpose of the marriage ceremony, and then to stay long enough to get the evidence for a partner-sponsored visa. You are not eligible for this since you are already in the country.

Thank you for your reply
    Through the interim visa can i work?

We going to live together this 22 June...

So for your opinion are there possibility that the work visa process going well if i will submit the application at start of August?

Also this August we going to rarotonga (honeymoon)

thanks

With a lot of varied evidence of your living together, and an explanation of your recent marriagem etc., then an application can work.

No, you will not be able to work on the interim visa, because you are going from one sort of open visa (the WHV) to a different sort of open visa (the partner-sponsored one). https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...ditions/slider

You are probably going to need to change your honeymoon plans - you will not be able to leave NZ in August, and return, until after you have been granted the partner-sponsored visa. An interim visa has no re-entry permission, and it lapses if the applicant leaves the country. Your longer-term future in NZ is going to need you to stay in NZ until your visa situation has been finalized.

ok and can i applied for a visitor visa before?

You would probably not be granted a visitor visa, and applying for it could very well muddle things for the processing of your other application. The stated point of a visitor visa is for the person to stay for a fairly brief time in NZ, then to return to the main base of their life in another country, whereas you, with your application in for a partner-sponsored work visa, are obviously intending to make your life in NZ with your wife. The two applications would show up on the INZ computer, and one of them would have to be wrong, and could be interpreted as fraudulent.