Thread: Advise on moving to NZ from UK

Default Advise on moving to NZ from UK

My boyfriend and I are thinking of moving to New Zealand from the UK. He's a plasterer by trade but does a lot of building work.
    I've been looking for information on different places to live, how to apply for jobs and visa etc. but there's so much information and a lot of different websites. I was just wondering if anyone who has recently made the move could give me any advise on websites they used and their experience of moving/ the change in lifestyle.

Thanks

The most important information will probably come from here https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...s/options/work, the INZ website. He can't work in NZ without a work visa, and he can't get a work visa without a job offer. If you follow the links off that page, you will see what qualifications he needs to do that.

We bought a book about emigrating to NZ, can probably borrow one from the library. We emigrated 8 years ago. Beautiful country (love it / great place to bring up children) but much more expensive cost of living here (except petrol) and house prices (especially around Auckland suburb) going crazy! Can get a book called Where to live in Auckland (has details inc schools) but other cities probably more cost effective & less housing shortage.