Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SMC Retail manager

Default SMC Retail manager

I loged my application on 22 feb 2016 and i got email from my CO on 16/04/14 asking me some documents and i provided everything but still not getting anything back from my CO

My hr or store manager did not get any email from immigration as well ...

I have completed an initial assessment of your client’s application and require the following to be provided before I can proceed further:

· Employment Agreement
    I note that your client has been seconded into the role of a Perishables Manager, until the 02 August 2016.

SM 7.15 (b) states:
    b. Employment must be ongoing and sustainable. Ongoing and sustainable employment is:

i. an offer of employment or current employment, with a single employer, that is permanent or indefinite, and of which the employer is in a position to meet the terms specified; or
    ii. an offer of employment or current employment with a single employer, for a stated term of at least 12 months; or
    iii. employment on a contract basis where the applicant:
    o has a consistent history of contract work, and
    o has a current contract for services, and
    o INZ is satisfied that such contract work is likely to be sustained.
    Note: When assessing whether employment is sustainable, officers may consider, but are not limited to, such factors as the residence status of the employer, the period for which the employing organisation has been established as a going concern, and the financial sustainability of the employing organisation.

Where an offer of employment or current employment is for a stated term of at least 12 months, the stated term must be valid both at the time the application is lodged and when the application is decided, in particular:
    ~ if the applicant has current employment, he or she must be in that employment, or
    ~ if the applicant has an offer of employment, the offer must continue to be valid.
    c. For the purposes of SM7.15(b)(ii), INZ must be satisfied that the employer:

a. has genuine reasons based on reasonable grounds for specifying that the employment is for a stated term; and
    b. has advised the employee of when or how their employment will end and the reasons for their employment ending; and
    c. is in a position to meet the terms specified.

Genuine reasons for a fixed term employment accepted by INZ are as follows:

1) Seasonal Work
    2) Project work
    3) If the Employee is filling in for a permanent employee on leave.

If the employer does not have a genuine reason for the fixed term employment, then we require an amended agreement which states that the applicant is employed on an indefinite term.

· Employment - Payslips & bank statements
    Please provide your client’s payslips for the past three months. Please also provide the bank statements which show the corresponding net salary payments for that period.

· Employment - IRD Summary of Earnings
    Please provide your client’s monthly IRD income detail statements covering the period January 2013 until present. These can be obtained by logging into your profile on the IRD website (www.ird.govt.nz). Please ensure you click the '+' sign next to each employer's name to reveal the monthly payment amounts. If there is no information recorded for a particular year, please provide a copy of the pages from the website showing this.

· Employer contacts
    Please kindly provide contact details of the HR Manager.

Please help ^

With COs working their allocation of 70 - 80 cases in rotation, it is just possible that your file has not yet worked its way round to get its next turn for the CO's attention since your response was sent in. I understand that you are keen to know that it was received and is being worked, though, and after this length of time, I think in your place I would contact INZ, quoting the information you previously sent, to ask if there is any further information you can supply.

Thanks you for helping me .
    My friend and me we loged applications on same day and we got emails from our CO ( both diffetent ) he got asked some different questions and his empolyer got questionary too.. It is possibale that my employer will not get any quesonary from my CO ? Beacuse they ask everything while doing assesment . And h/she mensioned they already done my assesment

I recently call INZ and asked them if they need any futher information and they said they dont need anything ATM they also said they recived my email . But yet no contcat to my store/hr manager . Is it possible they dont send questionary to
    Last edited by Jatt_mc; 9th June 2016 at 10:45 PM. Reason: Errors

Yes, it's possible they don't need anything further.

It is tempting to think that everthing will be the same as some other person's case, but that is not so. Everyone is different, and the details of their work, life and qualifications will need different treatment by INZ when processing the cases.

Get in touch with your case officer if you can get hold of him just to ensure that whether he/she received your email or not because emails do not get delivered some times (especially yahoo) as it happened with me once. My case officer requested some additional documents and i sent it straight away and even after 3 weeks i haven't heard back. I contacted my CO and she said she hasn't received any of my email and eventually i had to fax it. Well possibilities are very low but still worth a try i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by harry_wib View Post
    Get in touch with your case officer if you can get hold of him just to ensure that whether he/she received your email or not because emails do not get delivered some times (especially yahoo) as it happened with me once. My case officer requested some additional documents and i sent it straight away and even after 3 weeks i haven't heard back. I contacted my CO and she said she hasn't received any of my email and eventually i had to fax it. Well possibilities are very low but still worth a try i guess.

I called INZ To ask if they have got my email . They said yes and your apllication is under assesment .. What does that mean? When they already done my assesment

It may mean that the CO is waiting for some replies to verify parts of your evidence. Or it may mean that your case is undergoing the second-person check, when another official looks over every case to make sure there have been no mistakes in processing.

Thank you
    They did not ask me for any evidence for my job But they asked for payslips , bank statements , IRD, and permanent contract .
    Its very strange they did not want more evidence or questionary to my store manager .
    But they still asked contact details of my hr manager . ( company) hr manager have no clue about my job description or even myself so i just give them my store manager details because he is basically my hr manager but he got no call or email as well
    Hopefully they wont ask questions
    Last edited by Jatt_mc; 10th June 2016 at 07:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jatt_mc View Post
    Thank you
    They did not ask me for any evidence for my job But they asked for payslips , bank statements , IRD, and permanent contract .
    Its very strange they did not want more evidence or questionary to my store manager .
    But they still asked contact details of my hr manager . ( company) hr manager have no clue about my job description or even myself so i just give them my store manager details because he is basically my hr manager but he got no call or email as well
    Hopefully they wont ask questions
    I suspect the employer will be asked a lot of questions including a hierarchy chart, pay rate and given a list of ANZSCO tasks to be asked if you perform them. Department heads in retail are a real challenge under SMC, because they invariably report to retail managers. I don't wish to alarm you, but the delay will be because the officer is having to consider your claim to be a retail manager very carefully.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast