Thread: Essential skills work visa!

Default Essential skills work visa!

Hello Everyone,

I need your help to clarify something that I read on Immigration NZ website.

My SMC application has been approved in principle and I already sent my passport for visa label on 7 June 2016.

My current work visa expires on 19 June 2016 due to which I had applied work visa- Essential skills last month which has been approved as of today.

Now, the issue is My current role job title was changed on 6 June 2016.

I've read some information around VOC on below link [B]http://dol.govt.nz/immigration/knowledgebase/item/1187
    and it states below points-

"A variation of conditions will only be granted if your new conditions would still meet the intent of the instructions your original visa was granted under.

You can request a variation of conditions to change any of the conditions on your visa if you hold a work visa under any category except Essential Skills.

If you hold an Essential Skills Work Visa you can request a variation of conditions only if:

Your employer is changing, but your occupation and the region where you work remain the same; or
    You want to change any conditions on your visa and your new position is on one of the Essential Skills in Demand Lists and you meet the requirements of the list. Note the Essential Skills in Demand Lists only consist of the Long Term Skill Shortage List (LTSSL), Immediate Skill Shortage List (ISSL), Canterbury Skill Shortage List (CSSL)."

As I stated above I'm on a essential skills work visa until I recieve resident visa label on passport.

So my question is, do I need to apply for VOC as my role/position/employer will be same except the job title?

Already answered the same question in your PM.