Thread: Proof of "Bona Fide applicant" for Partnership based work visa for my spouce

Default Proof of "Bona Fide applicant" for Partnership based work visa for my spouce

Hi there,
    I have recently got Student Visa of NZ to do my PhD. Based on that, my wife is going to apply for partnership based work visa. My question is that, are the following documents good enough for my wife's application as proof of Bona Fide applicant? As I came to know that New Delhi Branch has rejected many application on this ground and my wife if submitting her documents to that branch.

- Property ownership documents from her parents
    - NZD 8900 in her bank account (A bank solvency letter from her bank)
    -Photos/Facebook post with her family members/relatives/friends
    -Letter from her mother in support of her visa application
    -Letter from my office (Where I used to work), that I have a provident fund of 8000 NZD
    -Letter from my office stating that currently I am on an educational leave for higher study
    Last edited by zakir; 13th June 2016 at 12:59 AM.

Their concern about her bonafides/risk profile will depend on:

how long have you been married?
    Does she have employment in India?
    Has she travelled overseas before (if so, provide that information),
    Have other family members travelled overseas before?
    Does she have a qualification?

These things matter. You make no mention of a marriage certificate in your documents, but perhaps that was too obvious to mention>>..

Quote Originally Posted by MrMark View Post
    Their concern about her bonafides/risk profile will depend on:

how long have you been married?
    Does she have employment in India?
    Has she travelled overseas before (if so, provide that information),
    Have other family members travelled overseas before?
    Does she have a qualification?

These things matter. You make no mention of a marriage certificate in your documents, but perhaps that was too obvious to mention>>..
    Thanks a lot MrMark,
    We are married for more than three years now and w are submitting marriage documents along with other documents that proves a stable relationships. She didn't do any job and just recently completed her master degree. She has also never traveled outside of the country but I as his husband have traveled many places around Asia and Europe (And of course I shall provide my relevant passport pages for that). Would that give a good chance to meet the criteria?

You need to provide the following documents (must be original or certified copies):

1. Your marriage certificate if you are married to your partner; and

2. At least 3 of the following to show you have lived together for at least 12 months; and

□ Joint tenancy agreements

□ Joint ownership of a residential property

□ Joint mortgage/loan documents

□ Joint insurance policies

□ Joint assets/liabilities

□ bank statements, utility bills or other mail received at your home address. The document must state your or your partner’s name, the home address and a date. If it was addressed to you and your partner separately, you and your partner need to provide at least one document each, which were received at the same address with similar dates.

3. At least 3 of the following to show your relationship is genuine and stable:

□ Photos of you and your partner together, taken at various times over previous years (no more than 6 photos) □ Letters of support from family or friends

□ Travel itineraries or tickets for trips you have taken together

□ Internet chat records, emails/letters or phone records to show you have kept in touch during any periods in the past 12 months if you have lived apart

□ A joint letter from you and your partner stating key moments throughout your relationship

Despite providing the above, the Immigration Officer may request further evidence.

https://www.google.co.uk/#q=site:enz...tnership+proof Old threads for more ideas and discussion.

I was told that my student visa was approved for 3 years but the sticker affixed says valid till 17th Feb, 2017. That is because my passport has a validity date till 17th May, 2017. Then INZ also said, I have to apply for transfer of Visa Sticker for rest of my visa once I renew my passport. I am currently in UK and shall visit to NZ on this September (2016). If I renew my passport now/or within next 1 or 2 months before travelling to NZ, will it be a problem if I carry a renewed passport but my visa sticker remains in the old passport. Thought my old passport will be attached with my renewed passport. Have anyone faced such situation.

Second point is, as now my wife is applying for partnership based work visa based on my student visa, for how long is she likely to get her visa (If her application is approved). Is it same at the visa sticker of my passport (17th Feb, 2017) or for the whole duration (Like 3 years, as they approved my visa for 3 years)? She doesn't have any passport validity issues.

Thanks in advance!

If I renew my passport now/or within next 1 or 2 months before travelling to NZ, will it be a problem if I carry a renewed passport but my visa sticker remains in the old passport.
    Yes, it would be a problem and you couldn't do it. Airlines are not allowed to let anyone board a flight with a visa in an old passport, as of quite a few years ago now.

Second point - I don't know, but I expect she could very well have the shortened form. Although the system 'knows' about your entitlement to a three-year visa, you've actually only got one till next February, and the new part visa might have a different number, in which case her visa would need to be altered to conform.

i understood your first point about visa transfer. But regarding my wife's visa, say for example if she gets visa till Feb-2017, then she again have to apply for a new visa before the first one expires? Or she can apply for any kind of extension or something similar, once My visa transfer is completed?

In your place, if you wait till later to renew your passport and apply for the rest of your visa, and if she has been given a short visa, then at the same time as you apply, I would contact INZ by email or on paper, with all the details of the previous application, all visa details and numbers, and ask if she needs to re-apply, or if her passport can just be sent in for the extra bit of time. (This is one of those situations where there isn't anything set out in the regulations, and it needs a common-sense person in the office to pronounce upon it.)

Thank you JandM,
    I contacted INZ (London Branch) regarding this. They said they can not comment on this whether the visa duration of my wife would be based on the sticker on my passport er based on the whole duration of visa for which I am entitled. Looks like they are in confusion too like me. I have to wait more 2 months to renew my passport, and by then my wife will already have the decision on her visa application. Lets see whats the outcome of her visa application and for how long her visa is granted (If she gets any) based on that I shall take next step. Because when I got back my passport, their was an additional paper providing instruction on how to transfer my visa to the new passport. I am hoping in case of my wife, there will be some paper like that which possible instructions. If not then I shall contact them.