Thread: First Entry after AIP

Default First Entry after AIP

Hi,
    I am primary applicant, would like to enter NZ first, after 6 months depends will join.
    Is there any impact including after 2 years to get remove the travel conditions.

You can enter NZ at any time before the cut-off date mentioned on your visa(s). You can enter before (or after) the rest of your family. Notice, they must all enter NZ before that date, in order to activate their visas, or any not activated will lapse.

You don't get the two years' travel conditions removed - they run out after two years.

When you, the principle applicant, have been in NZ for at least two years, you can apply for Permanent Residence (see all the details and requirements here https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...anent-resident), and if you qualify, then your whole family can also get PR (as you have qualified for them as well as yourself).

Thanks JandM

Hi,

I was looking for an answer to the same question, cause we were planing to go with my partner first and later get our newborn, but it seems we all should go together than, which will make it more harder and lees productive. Does there are any exclusion in this first entry rule?

I don't understand how you have understood that from my answer to ezinir. You do NOT have to go all together.

Each passport has a visa in it. The visa carries a date by which each person MUST make their first entry to NZ, which will activate the visa. As long as each person does that, they can all travel at different times and enter separately, if that's what they prefer to do.