Hey guys! I am getting really close to sending my partnership visa off! (12 months work visa)! All the big stuffs out the way and I've just got all the niggly partnership evidence bit to get sorted! I'm about to do my own letter and have mentioned to some friends about doing a reference letter and they have asked what they need to do etc and I'm not too sure so wanted to get some answers to a few questions as I think it will be important to make sure I get this done right!

1. How many reference letters do you think I will need to get/is an acceptable number?
  2. How long should the reference letters be? A paragraph, a page? Because I think this will vary, my best friend could probably happily write a page or two where as the guy who lived with us could probably write a small paragraph confirming we live together whilst he was here.
  3. Am I correct that the letters should also include contact details?
  4. Is there any specific things they should be mentioning, I'm guessing how long they have known me and my partner for and that we have been in a relationship for so long.
  5. With the letter I'm writing should it just be from the start when me and my partner met and thereon or should I include when I first came to New Zealand and the friends I've made etc? I'm also sure that it would be very important to not just talk about our relationship but also the relationship I have with his child. And how long should my letter be because I can make mine pretty long but am also aware I don't want to go too overboard - I always think of the poor case officer who will have to go through everything!
  6. How many photos should I be sending? We don't have a million selfies of us but we probably have 15-20 and the rest of of trips we took so like 2-3 will be of us then the rest of the place we went too.
  7. We have a bit of evidence such as plane and concert tickets to wellington, things from when we went to Hanmer Springs but we haven't done a lot of things in the 10 months we have been together because we don't actually get any days off together, he works in a bar during nights and has Monday and Tuesday off and I work a Monday to Friday job in a office so should I write a letter with that bunch of evidence explaining this? We have a joint bank account etc that our bills come out off - his names on the power bill and the internet is in mine so have all that household stuff to show, and we also got a kitten together a while back and have her vet receipts from when she got fixed and her jabs so thought to include them maybe as I thought it might show a commitment (Okay, it's not exactly a child, but still )
  8. I had a previous passport before mt current one that was stolen in Australia - so I need to put this on the form when it asks for all passports that have been held? Sure I have the details for it still on my Aussie visa so that's all good, just don't want them to be confused as the expiry date for it would be in the future.

I'm sure there was something else I wanted to ask but can't think right now!