Thread: NZQA assessment required for undergraduate qualifications?

Lightbulb NZQA assessment required for undergraduate qualifications?

Hi to all
    I have next question:
    I will apply to Resident visa SMC.
    I have work as Business Analyst and i finished a postgraduate qualification in New Zealand.
    When i fill information about my postgraduate qualification i see next: "If claiming points for a postgraduate qualification, please also add details of your undergraduate qualifications."
    But my undergraduate qualification i finished in my native country and it required NZQA assessment.

So need I make NZQA assessment for undergraduate qualification if i claim points only for Postgraduate New Zealand qualification?

Thanks

For most careers, if you need the bonus points for qualification and work experience, it depends on the bachelor's degree being declared comparable to one of the NZ qualifications on the LTSSL list for that job. If you don't need the bonus points, you don't need to involve your bachelor's degree.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    For most careers, if you need the bonus points for qualification and work experience, it depends on the bachelor's degree being declared comparable to one of the NZ qualifications on the LTSSL list for that job. If you don't need the bonus points, you don't need to involve your bachelor's degree.
    I will try to claim next points:
    30 - age
    50 - skilled employment less then 12 month
    50 - recognised qualification (postgraduate diploma in NZ)
    10 - New Zealand qualification that I studied full-time for in New Zealand (postgraduate diploma in NZ 1 year or more)

If i claim this points i need make assessment for bachelor's degree?

Quote Originally Posted by agentru View Post
    Hi to all
    I have next question:
    I will apply to Resident visa SMC.
    I have work as Business Analyst and i finished a postgraduate qualification in New Zealand.
    When i fill information about my postgraduate qualification i see next: "If claiming points for a postgraduate qualification, please also add details of your undergraduate qualifications."
    But my undergraduate qualification i finished in my native country and it required NZQA assessment.

So need I make NZQA assessment for undergraduate qualification if i claim points only for Postgraduate New Zealand qualification?

Thanks
    If they specifically state that for a post qualification, you need to add detail of undergr qualification then you should include. I'm sure you don't want your SMC delay due to NZQA...

Actually, following on what Andy8731 just said, I looked again at what you quoted, and it does specifically say you must 'add details'. It doesn't say you have to have it assessed, but if you don't get that done right away, you MIGHT get told you must do it later.