Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Estimate Timeline After EOI - July 6 Draw

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Sun
    Posts
    164

    Default Estimate Timeline After EOI - July 6 Draw

    Greetings

    Want to get a quick estimate for all to be completed if EOI submitted by July 6. I need to plan out with my current employer on the estimate timeline to move out if everything went OK as planned.

    Points =150
    IQA- Level 7 Done
    Wife - 6.5 IELTS Done

    6-July Submit EOI ... estimate ?? Mar 2017?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    53

    Default

    You will receive your Invitation to Apply (ITA) the fastest the next day (I got mine the next day) after the selection or a few weeks after that.

    Based on the experience shared by people in this forum, you will be allocated with an immigration/case officer (CO) within 2 to 3 months if you are sending your ITA to Shanghai office.

    The 2-month time frame will also be stated in the acknowledgement email sent to you once they have received and lodged your ITA. Says you get your ITA a week after selection, my estimation is you will get a CO either in mid Sept or Oct.

    In the acknowledgement of (ITA) receipt email, they will also mention the processing time varies from case to case. Let's say you are asked to send in more documents/evidence and wait for another 2 months before an invitation for interview will be sent to you and it takes roughly a month to know the outcome, yes, I would say you should know the outcome by March 2017.

    However, note that there is no guarantee you will get a job search visa or resident visa after you have gone through all these.

    Anyone have other opinion?
    Last edited by soonkoh; 21st June 2016 at 02:32 PM.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Sun
    Posts
    164

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by soonkoh View Post
    You will receive your Invitation to Apply (ITA) the fastest the next day (I got mine the next day) after the selection or a few weeks after that.

    Based on the experience shared by people in this forum, you will be allocated with an immigration/case officer (CO) within 2 to 3 months if you are sending your ITA to Shanghai office.

    The 2-month time frame will also be stated in the acknowledgement email sent to you once they have received and lodged your ITA. Says you get your ITA a week after selection, my estimation is you will get a CO either in mid Sept or Oct.

    In the acknowledgement of (ITA) receipt email, they will also mention the processing time varies from case to case. Let's say you are asked to send in more documents/evidence and wait for another 2 months before an invitation for interview will be sent to you and it takes roughly a month to know the outcome, yes, I would say you should know the outcome by March 2017.

    However, note that there is no guarantee you will get a job search visa or resident visa after you have gone through all these.

    Anyone have other opinion?
    thanks mate, glad to see another malaysian .. keep in touch bro .. hopefully all going as planned by March 2017 ...

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    53

    Default

    No problem. I think you have 2 years to activate your resident visa once you've got it before it becomes 'expired'. So it is not too late to let your employer knows once you receive Approved In Principle (AIP) unless you want to migrate as soon as you've got your resident visa.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    37,843

    Default

    moonrider, if your employer wants you there quite soon to start work, the surer way to be able to do this is to apply for a work visa alongside the residence visa (using a lot of the same information). These can be processed a lot more quickly, and you can be in NZ working while the residence visa ticks along in the background, taking the time it takes.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Korea
    Posts
    123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    moonrider, if your employer wants you there quite soon to start work, the surer way to be able to do this is to apply for a work visa alongside the residence visa (using a lot of the same information). These can be processed a lot more quickly, and you can be in NZ working while the residence visa ticks along in the background, taking the time it takes.
    I'm not in this situation (as she knows), but it sounds like another good suggestion from J&M. None of the application fees are cheap, but at least it's relatively cheap applying for a work visa for this purpose as compared to the other big ones.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    30

    Default

    Hi JandM,

    Exactly. I've lodged my work visa alongside the residence visa. How long does it take for the work visa to be approved ? Tks.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    India
    Posts
    26

    Default

    Hello Jand,Iam new to this forum.my EOI was selected on 13th may & the status shows "Decision Sucessfull".Iam yet to receive my ITA letter.I called NZ Immigration & they told me ITA has been sent by London Office.Let me know what are the contact of London office.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Sun
    Posts
    164

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    moonrider, if your employer wants you there quite soon to start work, the surer way to be able to do this is to apply for a work visa alongside the residence visa (using a lot of the same information). These can be processed a lot more quickly, and you can be in NZ working while the residence visa ticks along in the background, taking the time it takes.
    Thanks JM, basically I am involved in a costly project in my current role and I need to provide the estimate timeline for my employer to start hiring a replacement.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    37,843

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aravind79 View Post
    Hello Jand,Iam new to this forum.my EOI was selected on 13th may & the status shows "Decision Sucessfull".Iam yet to receive my ITA letter.I called NZ Immigration & they told me ITA has been sent by London Office.Let me know what are the contact of London office.
    I don't have any special knowledge. I Googled for contact details (which of course, anybody can), and this is what appears.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •