Thread: Help reg. partnership residence visa

Default Help reg. partnership residence visa

Hi everyone,

I lodged my partnership residence application on 9 september 2015 and my co appointed on end of september but after me and my partner had a interview with co in first week of feb 2016 and till now they havnt given me decision yet, i emailed my co in march but she said your application is under offshore verification, does it take that long for offshore verification?
    So what should i do now?? Its already more then 9 months😐

does it take that long for offshore verification?
    Short answer: yes, it can do. From what you have said, it isn't clear whether the CO is waiting for a reply from a foreign government or local authority, or from a private company or individual, and you don't say whether you are aware, either. With this wording, it is possible that one or other of you is liable for an enhanced security check, in case you have lived or worked in a country with a record of repression. In that case, the NZ government tries to ensure that nobody who has been responsible for such things gets a visa - they need a response from the foreign government, who aren't often in a hurry to reply. If you don't know that this is the case, after this lapse of time, there is nothing against asking your CO again about this extra check, to try to get the details of what is going on and why. Of course, if they are waiting for a reply, the CO doesn't know, any more than you, how long it will be in coming.

Thanks jandm alot,
    But i have never seen any case that took too long for off shore verification,
    Is it normal though?
    Am bit nervous that why is it taking long on my application.

And even i ask my co that why its taking too long but she said that she dont know either about the off shore verification and she is also waiting for response.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanwarsandhu View Post
    Thanks jandm alot,
    Is it normal though?
    Am bit nervous that why is it taking long on my application.
    depending on the country of origin verification can take a very long time. they may send someone to the village to ask around about you and spouse, double check at the temple registration (assuming you were married, and assuming from India) and speak to neighbours. And it can take a very long time. And that will be why your C/O doesn't know, because the Branch will send dedicated verification officers to check all the information. The process passes through 3-4 sets of hands sometimes.

Is it normal though?
    Yes, it is perfectly normal.

And no case takes TOO long. It takes as long as it takes for the necessary information to be gathered, that's all. All applicants get anxious and impatient with waiting. It is not just you.

I was wondering which country are you from?

Hi kanwar

You still waiting for decisiin on your residence visa application?
    I also applied same visa from offshore

Please let me

Thanx