Thread: Variation of Travel Conditions: form 1175 - People to include on it

Post Variation of Travel Conditions: form 1175 - People to include on it

Hello everybody.
    My residence Visa (as principal applicant) start date is on 30 Jun 2014.
    In my application were included my wife (Residence Visa start date 30 Jun 2014 and first entry before 30 Jun 2015) and my son (Residence Visa start date 30 Jun 2014 and first entry before 4 July 2015). I have a daughter but she was NOT INCLUDED in the application for residence.

I spent 188 days in NZ from 2 Jun 2015 to 24 December 2015. My wife and my son entered in NZ on 2 Jun 2015. They are overseas now.
    At the moment I am in NZ since 10 Feb 2016 and I need to go out from NZ on next 13 Aug 2016 (completing the second 12 months portions and scoring more than 184 days spent in NZ).

Filling the 1175 form, to apply for a variation of travel conditions on my visa, some doubts are coming out:

- Section C: do I need to fill it with my wife and son details as well my daughter?
    - Section C5: do I need to to fill this section with my relatives details (dad, mum, brothers, etc.) as well my wife relatives and my daughter?
    - Section H: do my wife and son need to sign the 1175 form? They are overseas and could be a problem due to the distance and timing.

Last one: do my wife and son need to apply for a variation of travel conditions? In my opinion I don't think so because they entered in NZ on last 2 Jun 2015 and the time started from that date lasting for two years.

Any help would be appreciate.
    Cheers

Why are you thinking about applying for a variation of travel conditions now? If you first entered NZ, activating your residence visa, on 2nd June, 2015, then your travel conditions run until 2nd June 2017.

When you come to apply for PR, which you eligible to do after two years on an activated residence visa, be aware that INZ calculate the 12-month periods for checking if you were there for 184 days during that time by counting BACKWARDS from the date of application. So this can mean that the earliest time when you first arrived in NZ may not count.

The principal applicant earns PR for everyone on the original application - secondary applicants do not have to fulfil the 'time in NZ' conditions.

Hi JandM

thank you for your reply.

Sorry, I did not say that when INZ gave me the Resident Visa I was in NZ. That's why I need to apply for a variation of travel condition.

So do you confirm I don't need to fill the sections about my relatives as well my family?

Thanks

Sorry, I did not say that when INZ gave me the Resident Visa I was in NZ. That's why I need to apply for a variation of travel condition.
    Understood - that makes the difference.

However, you are going to have to calculate your days in NZ very carefully, BY THE DAY. You will need to count backwards, as I said, from the date your application is lodged (not the date when you plan to leave the country, as you can't count anything in advance). So for instance, if you lodge your application for the variation on 25th July, 2016, then you would need to have been in NZ for 184 days EITHER between 25th July, 2015 and 25th July, 2016, OR ELSE between 25th July, 2014 and 25th July, 2015.

You are right in thinking that your wife and son do not need a variation of travel conditions, because theirs are still running.

For the other questions, I have looked at the form and the guide, and I'm telling you what I THINK is meant for your situation by the instructions, but being just a member of the public, I can't absolutely confirm it.
    So I think you do not need to put them in Section C, because you are not applying for them.
    Section C5: do I need to to fill this section with my relatives details (dad, mum, brothers, etc.) as well my wife relatives and my daughter?
    As it says, "List your immediate family (ie your partner, children, parents and siblings) not included in this application," you need to put here your wife, son, daughter, parents, brothers and any sisters. You are the main applicant and it tells you to list YOUR immediate family, and does not include your wife's.
    Section H - I do not think they will need to sign, since they do not need a variation of travel conditions, but in your place, I would check this by phoning INZ.

OK
    thank you for your advice.

Section H - I do not think they will need to sign, since they do not need a variation of travel conditions, but in your place, I would check this by phoning INZ.
    I am based in AKL and very close to INZ, so it is easy going over there asking about the sign.

Thanks!

18 Jul 2016 UPDATE

I applied straight on last Monday for the PV because IRD gave me the document about my TAX Residence Status.
    The documents were OK and INZ Manukau office issued my Permanent Visa this morning!

Other people on my first residence application need to apply on their own with my PV reference, I mean my wife and son but should be easy now.

Thank you a lot for your advice.

Cheers!

Congratulations!

And thank you for the extra information.