Thread: Visitor Visa | 1 month travel | Parents

Default Visitor Visa | 1 month travel | Parents

Hi all,

I am a work-permit holder (not a resident or a citizen) currently staying and working in NZ. I am an Indian citizen. I wanted to invite my parents for a vacation for a month. Hence, they are applying for a visitor visa. Questions -

1. I believe since its a 1-month travel, it has to be the INZ1189 form. Not the INZ1017. Need a confirmation.
    2. Though my parents are both 60+, since it is a short-term travel (1 month), they need not submit medical or police certificates. Is that assumption correct?
    3. Since I am not a resident or a citizen, I cannot 'sponsor' them. However, I am sending them an invitation letter clearly stating that they would be staying with me at my house.

My dad is still working, while my mom is a home-maker. I believe these are the documents they need to submit. Am I going overboard or missing something?

Standard documents
    - Completed forms with photographs affixed. Remember to use form INZ1189
    - Mom and dad's passport
    - To-and-fro tickets copy

Proof of funds available and ties to India
    - 6 months bank statement of bank account where dad's salary is being credited. If this is a joint account, then its better. Both mom and dad's name needs to be clearly specified on the 6 month bank statement. The bank statement should show your salary being credited to it regularly.
    - Statement of fixed deposits and other investments held by them.
    - The bank statements should show a balance of minimum 2000 NZD
    - Letter from dad's company stating his current position, the duration of time you were with them and the monthly salary
    - Letter from dad's company approving the leave application.

Proof of place to stay in New Zealand
    - Invitation letter from us stating the address where mom and dad would be staying
    - Our 6-month bank statement

Proof of married relationship
    - Mom and Dad's marriage certificate
    - Joint bank account statement
    - Pictures of mom and dad's marriage, group pictures with me as a kid, group picture with me as an adult
    - air tickets showing them travelling together in the past

Do I even need to submit these?
    Health
    - Letter from doctor clearly stating that he has examined both mom and dad. That both of you are physically fit and ready to undergo a journey to New Zealand in the near future
    - Self signed document where they clearly state that if there are medical issues which arise, they have sufficient funds to cover the cost of treatment.

Hi were you able to get the visitor visa approved?

what to do with retired parents?

no idea in fact.
    May be show some future plans back in home country...
    and give evidences of strong ties in home country.

This is what I am planning to do as my parents are retired.

Possible examples: Ownership of or ongoing rental contract for their home. Family ties. Involvement in the community - plans for which they are expected back by a certain date.

Thanks Jandm

I'm gathering docs for my parents .... father retired, mom no work, house wife..
    Father has some freelance work to do, and is actively taking part in radio broadcasting programs, photo exhibition etc...
    Mom has nothing to show, except some back deposits.

Here is my list:

Miscellaneous docs ( as seen from the online application form):
    1) Details of previous job:
    a. Retirement letters
    b. Start and end date of the job in XXX Ltd as Chief photographer
    c. Employer name, address, telephone, mobile, email, job title

2) Details of current freelance work
    a. Details of current work,
    b. Employer name, address, telephone, mobile, email, job title, Start, end dates

Other docs required ( as seen from the online application form):
    1) Relevant pages of the passport
    2) Any other ID card
    3) PHOTO Digital = Passport style photograph of your head and shoulders from the front
    a. Instructions :
    File size – must be: greater than 500kb and less than 3MB
    Dimensions – must be:
    minimum–900 pixels wide x 1200 pixels high
    maximum–2250 pixels wide x 3000 pixels high
    Aspect ratio – must be: 4:3 ( width: height)
    Camera position – must be: in a portrait layout
    Not too dark or not too bright

4) Evidence that you are a genuine visitor in New Zealand
    a. Provident Fund, Pension papers
    b. House document, any rental income etc.
    c. Bank statements, joint bank account statements
    d. Fixed deposit certificates etc.
    e. Family photos ( old photos, new photos with children, some group photos, award receiving photos )
    f. International traveled passport pages showing immigration seal
    g. Future plans after coming back to home country, things to do after returning future job plans, marriage functions, radio programs, photo exhibition etc.
    h. Awards certificates, photos

5) OTHER DOCUMENTS
    a. Scooter, motor cycle ownership book copy
    b. Driver’s license
    c. Parents Joint bank account statement

I hope this will be sufficient.

I will also be submitting the INZ sponsorship form too.

Sorry for the delayed response.

Yes, my parents came in sometime last year and things worked out quite well. The form they used was - INZ1189. Me, not being a resident, couldn't sponsor their trip - they came in as normal visitors. Think of it in this way - they just came to NZ as tourists - its just a matter of coincidence that I, as their son, stays here. Instead of a hotel reservation, they provided to the immigration authorities, a letter from me that they would be staying with me at my address.

They also provided documentation to prove that they have a house/residence back in their home country, reasonable amount of finances in their bank accounts etc.

Excellent bro. Thanks for your initial post. Definitely will help others on this forum.

I am just wondering how you managed to notice my reply as the forum does not send out alert emails when someone replies ( as it used to do in the past).

Do you think my list is ok for a 5 months visit visa? My post here https://www.enz.org/forum/showthread...875#post567875

I would also like to know if it is possible to mention something like this in the invitation letter as " will meet their expenditures, and they also have their own funds for this visit. "