Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Partnership based temp work visa to residence

Default Partnership based temp work visa to residence

Hi everyone,

I have been in NZ on a partnership based work visa for almost 1 year now and have just submitted my application for my second temporary work visa. With this being the second one I now need to start looking at residence, seeing as I have just submitted my application for the temp work visa would I be best to submit the residence papers at the same time? Considering all the evidence needed in within the current application?

Any advice would be a great help, thanks

Yes, you can do that. Hope it all goes well.

Remember the applications won't necessarily be dealt with by the same CO or in the same office, so send copies of EVERYthing with whichever is the second application to go in, adding that the originals are with your other application (and give details) in case the CO needs it. This makes it easier for the second CO to just tick boxes for you.

Question - wouldn't that mean you pay for 2 visas (Temp Work Visa + Residency?)

I am in a similar situation I guess as my first Temp Work Visa (based on partnership) is about to expire and now about to apply for a second one. Question: I had received just 1 year as me and my partner had lived together for just 3 months at the time. Since we have now lived together for more than one year, will I be able to get a 2-year Temp Work Visa (based on partnership)? Do they standard give you 2 years?

Quote Originally Posted by SvenM85 View Post
    Question - wouldn't that mean you pay for 2 visas (Temp Work Visa + Residency?)
    Yes. Sometimes timing, and the need to keep legal at all times, makes that inevitable.

Question: I had received just 1 year as me and my partner had lived together for just 3 months at the time. Since we have now lived together for more than one year, will I be able to get a 2-year Temp Work Visa (based on partnership)? Do they standard give you 2 years?
    I don't know if they automatically do that. In theory, according to what is on the website, they certainly CAN give you two years when you've been living together for at least 12 months.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Yes. Sometimes timing, and the need to keep legal at all times, makes that inevitable.
    Thanks JandM, just wondering what you mean by "keeping it legal". Do you have to apply for residency when applying for a second (or third/fourth) temporary work visa?

There's nothing to say that people must apply for Residence, although it seems to be normal to get off the treadmill of yearly or two-yearly renewals by putting in that 12 month' evidence once and for all.

By 'keeping it legal', I was referring to the fact that nobody can apply in the straightforward way for any visa from within NZ, nor can their case be worked, when they're not at that time the holder of a valid visa to be there. So if someone applies for Residence, then their existing visa (e.g. visitor's, work, WHV, student) runs out, they become illegal, and work on the Residence application will stop (and if nothing further happens, it will shortly be rejected). INZ can issue an Interim visa once any application for a temporary visa (like the work one) has been lodged, if the previous visa runs out, but they can't do that for a Residence application. So someone trying to move from the partnership work to partnership residence visa, when their previous visa is nearly at an end, has to be the one to keep themself covered, in order for the partnership residence to continue being processed.

Just found out they do not standard give you 2 years, I have just been given a 12 month visa extension today after living together with my partner for 13 months. Weird or not? I will anyway ask immigration why we have just received a 1 year extension and will let you all know.

Hii everyone
    i just wanted to discuss about my partnership based work visa
    i applied for that visa just after complition of my studies
    as me and my wife are living together from past 5 month and we have a 5 months older marriage certificate as well
    i have attached skype history from previous year , joint bank accounts ,joint inssurance policy,
    letters from friends and parents,joint tenancy aggrement , more that fifty letters of both at same address,
    more than 50 photographs of both of us
    and now i got a concern letter saying ur evidence are limited and I dont have any more evidences
    can anyone plzz help me what should i do
    Last edited by princeaband947; 29th July 2016 at 06:48 PM.

Did the CO suggest any area that s/he didn't think was covered? And was 'limited' the word used?

Here are old threads about evidence of partnership, to perhaps give you more ideas. https://www.google.co.uk/#q=site:enz...tnership+proof

Very often, INZ will ask for more evidence of living together, since you appled, to cover the time the case has been being processed, just before the visa is issued. They do this to make sure they don't give a visa to someone whose relationship has broken down.

thanx for ur response
    so for now i have prepared a good cover letter explaining all the docc i have provided
    and a letter from my wife as well
    i am attaching letter from a temple stating that we are in a genuine relationship
    moreover i am providing heaps of recipts which showing that we shop together
    evenmore i am providing chat conversation between my wife and my mother
    some photographs of laundary showing common household activities
    plzz sugest me if any more thing is neded for that plzzz
    thanx
    Last edited by princeaband947; 29th July 2016 at 10:52 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast