Thread: Scared, can I get deported?!

Default Scared, can I get deported?!

My working holiday visa is up 2 weeks tomorrow, I have just sent off for a partnership work visa today.

I'm planning on applying for the second working holiday visa to cover me until a decision is made on the partner visa and so I am able to carry on working. But I can't apply for this until I get paid on the 7th July, I have it filled out and will send it a couple of days prior to getting paid but I'm really concerned it won't be granted in a week.

What would my situation be then? Would they have granted an interim visa from the partnership visa in that time? Or is there a chance it could come to 14th July and I will have neither the interim or second working holiday? What happens then/what should I do in these circumstances? I don't want to mess up being able to stay, but I'm probably not going to have the funds to hop over to Australia for a bit either because I'd have just spend over $1000 getting the two visas sorted.

It's all been left a bit late, we didn't decide to go down the partnership visa route until a few months ago so I've been hard out saving for that one being more expensive getting the medical, police certificates etc, I've literally had $50 to my name each week after saving and house costs

Hi. If your new visa application (partnership) is accepted for processing then you will almost certainly get an interim visa to allow you to stay until the new one has been decided. I am not sure if applying for the extension to the UKWHV will help. Iit is processed in the same timeframe as all other temp visas, not like the original one, so I can't think of any rights it will give you that you won't get with your partnership visa. If it gets to within a couple of days of your current visa expiry and you haven't hard anything, phone INZ and explain. Good luck!