Thread: Post Study Work Visa

Default Post Study Work Visa

HI All,
    I have got a permanent job offer based on 90 days trial period? Can I apply Post Study Work Visa -Employer Assisted based on this?

Has anybody done this, or can give definite information?

Here are the detailed regulations. http://onlineservices.immigration.go...nual/45663.htm It doesn't spell out anywhere about the 90-day trial period, but since many (most?) job offers include that, I should think it doesn't matter, and would be considered part of a normal offer, with the employee expecting s/he would make good.

Thinking onto the screen here. If you were granted the visa, then messed up so the employer said they were not keeping you, that would void the visa in any case, so INZ wouldn't need to be thinking they were granting leave to stay to someone who didn't have grounds.

Agree with you JandM based on my experience of doing a few of these. 90-day trial period is a common feature of most contracts. Its the other terms of the contract (permanent or fixed term, etc.) that I think are more important. Having said that, INZ granted a 2-year visa for a client whose contract was for a 1-year fixed term duration! I guess INZ assumed it would be extended and if not, then as you said the visa would be voided automatically.

Thanks for the info....appreciate a lot...

Hi helpful people!
    New to here, but been researching a lot around the employer assisted visa...
    Is it a norm that you'll get a two-year visa while your contract/offer is only one year term?
    Thank!

No, it's not. I think that instance would have been a mistake on INZ's part.

Quote Originally Posted by NJ2NZ View Post
    INZ granted a 2-year visa for a client whose contract was for a 1-year fixed term duration! I guess INZ assumed it would be extended and if not, then as you said the visa would be voided automatically.
    Aren't post-study (employer-assisted) visas issued for 2 years (perhaps automatically), or possibly 3 years if some sort of registrational period for a professional body applies? Maybe this explains the 2-year thing

After I asked this, someone from Immigration came to do a workshop at work.
    He said normally the visa will be one year if the job offer is a fixed term.
    And specified that they are more inclined to approve the visa with a permanent offer.

I wish they can make the same mistake for me

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Has anybody done this, or can give definite information?
    I was in the same situation as the OP in April this year and I was immediately granted the 2 year work visa, no questions asked