Thread: Keep working with a restricted Working Holiday visa while getting a skilled migrant visa

Default Keep working with a restricted Working Holiday visa while getting a skilled migrant visa

Good Day All,

Background
    • I arrived into New Zealand a couple of months ago on a Working Holiday Visa.
    • Luck and good fortune have landed me a permanent job offer at a full-time job at a skilled occupation out of Auckland
    • My Working Holiday Visa has a limitation where I'm not allowed to for the same employer for more than 3 months. This is the only limitation my visa has.
    • The position I've been offered is for immediate start,
    • The prospective employer is not an accredited employer, so getting a "Talent (Accredited Employers)" is not an option for me.
    • The prospective employer is happy to support me with all the associated costs of getting a new visa, but I'll have to do the process on my own

Questions:

1. Can I start working for my employer and then immediately start processing a Skilled Migrant Visa? (I have over 170 points in my EOI)
    2. If time is on my side and I'm able to submit an Skilled Migrant Visa Application within the first 3 months of employment, would I be able to keep working for my employer for over the 3 month period whilst my visa is approved?
    3. If so, is there anything I should do?
    4. How long would the visa process might take end-to-end? My case is rather simple IMO (single, only one qualification to be run through IQA, proficient english, etc.)

Many thanks in advance, and looking forward to hearing from you all.

Once you have submitted and EOI selected then you could apply for essential skills work visa. There wont be any labour market check issues if its the same job as you skilled migrant EOI, expect a skilled migrasnt application to take 6-9 months on shore, and a work visa application up to 28 days. Only claim the points you need to be selected (100 points with a job offer)

Thanks a lot Chris. This is very helpful and it takes a big weight off my back! I'll submit the EOI and then I'll apply for the essential skills WV.