Thread: changing jobs

Default changing jobs

guys;

i received a 2 year working visa, and i'm already in NZ. the visa is specific about my employer so the name is written on the visa itself. is it easy to change the employer or i have to leave the country and come back?
    thx

No, you don't need to leave the country. If you get the offer of another skilled job, in the same skill, in the same geographical area, you can apply to have the conditions of your same visa changed, then can start for the new employer. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...emporary-visas If the new job offer is in a different area, you will need to apply for a new visa. But either way, it is not a big deal as long as it is a skilled job and the employer checks out for INZ, in the same way as for your first visa.

Thx jandm

By the way, don't give up one job before you have applied for the visa for another. Since the visa is tied to the job, if you give up the job, you make the visa lapse. And anyone in NZ has to have a valid visa giving them leave to be there before they can apply for any other visa.

good tip... thx mate

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    By the way, don't give up one job before you have applied for the visa for another. Since the visa is tied to the job, if you give up the job, you make the visa lapse. And anyone in NZ has to have a valid visa giving them leave to be there before they can apply for any other visa.

by the way can you recommend an immi agent, or any website where i can find one? thxxx

PMed you.