Thread: Where do I begin? HELP please

Default Where do I begin? HELP please

Hi everyone
    As you can see, from the title, I don't even know where to start! I have read quite a few threads so far, and I'm still stumped as to where or how to begin on this journey. I'm hoping for some pointers from someone who has been in a similar situation on how to reach my final goal. It is a very personal situation and I feel I may have to bare my soul and personal information for clarity, but honestly, I just need some genuine & helpful pointers to help me on my way.

As with this day and age, I have met someone online who I see as a potential partner, but would like to spend real time with him to see if this relationship could develop into something more than online dating. Of course, he's on the other side of the world. We have both been researching and reading up on a possible way that he could be granted a visitors visa but the more I read, the more I feel discouraged. Who would have thought it would be sooo difficult to just visit NZ for a holiday.

There are genuine reasons why it would be better if he comes here rather than me go to his country to visit. But we have the following circumstances against us.
    -he is from a muslim country, although he is not muslim
    -no ties back to his country - he was studying and finding an apprenticeship but this has proved to be difficult
    -we have never met before in real life although we have known each other almost 8 months - started off as friends for 5 months and the relationship has developed into more in the past 3 months - we skype 3-4 hrs everyday and message on facebook daily also. We have talked to each others family members via skype also, and I'm a smart girl, this is a genuine relationship.
    -we have talked about a future together very seriously but we don't care where in the world we are, just as long as we are together - but we realise that we need to meet first!!
    -we arent rich folk lol, but I have secure accommodation and work here in NZ, another reason why its better for him to visit here.
    So please, based on your knowledge and experience, what are the chances of our first meeting being here in NZ and gaining a visitors visa for him for at least 3 months?

He is not going to be eligible for any visa based on your relationship yet, because INZ defines partnership as living together, and if you've been reading the forum, you have probably seen the threads about the kind of evidence that is required. https://www.google.co.uk/#q=site:enz...tnership+proof (If he gets here as a visitor, and you do live together and decide to try to make the partnership work out, then after collecting such evidence for two to three months, he could apply for a partner-sponsored work visa from within NZ.)

Therefore I think the only way he is going to be able to visit is on a visitor's visa in his own right. I am sure you have looked at the INZ website for this. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...a/visitor-visa When you follow up all the links, you will have seen that there is a section asking for the person's nationality etc. to be entered, because this makes a difference to the requirements. If he comes from or lives in a country which is associated with repression or terrorism, there may be extra security checks on him, to make sure he has not been responsible for any of this.

what country is he from that makes it difficult to enter as a tourist?

Hello again - nice to see you.

the very matters you describe here (young, no ties to country, not employed , never met, etc) are very much matters which INZ would consider "high risk profile" . I think its unlikely he would be grnated a visitor visa unless you coulkd show you had met (in a thrid country perhaps?) or had realy stong evidecne of a genuine and stable relationship.

Thanks JandM,
    I'm thinking about going to an immigration advisor because we really do want to do things properly and be as up front as possible right from the get go!

Hi Victoria
    He's from Tunis

ChrisMwn
    That's what I feared... Like should we even bother trying for a visitors visa or is it pretty much a given that it will be denied. We have talked about me going there but would only be able to spend a few weeks as I have employment commitments here. Like I said, I plan to seek advice from an immigration advisor . I do plan to apply for teaching jobs overseas and we will probably have more luck in another country but have my first grandchild on the way so it won't be at least a year away before I do that ... How do we prove that he genuinely intends to return back to his country? We really want to comply because we don't want to stuff things up if we find that we want to have a future together