Thread: Student visa - Proof of Ties

Exclamation Student visa - Proof of Ties

Hi all,

We recently applied for a student visa for my sister in law, she is 16 years old, and wanting to finish off the rest of the high school in Auckland (mainly to better her English), however, her visa got denied because the officer mentioned: 'failed to proof ties back to home country'.

I know proof of ties could mean bank statements, real states, etc... back home, however, she is only 16 years old and has nothing but her parents back home who are staying there for good.

We are wanting to reapply again, but this time, try to provide strong proof of ties. Does anyone know what documentation and proof can be submitted to the new applicaiton to show proof of ties back home?

What proof was offered with this application?

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    What proof was offered with this application?
    Not documents for proof of ties back to home country were provided.

Of course a 16-year-old cannot provide the kind of thing that is given as examples for adult applicants. I have not seen mention of this kind of application before.

However, I think you need to concentrate on the fact that the girl's parents and family home are there in her own country, and while they are keen to let her go to NZ to study and learn fluent English, her place with them is always open and they expect to receive her back.

Hi there, I am doing student visa for my brother as well. I have been doing it for 4 years. We only provide financial undertaking form from my mother- in law and they accept it. Hope this helps.

Does she have any relatives in NZ? Close relatives may be a serious concern for immigration officers. There is nothing you can do here except emphasizing on her strong ties with her home country in terms of her parents. She does not need to demonstrate any ties in the form of financial assets. Usually it's not easy to get student visa for an applicant at the age of 16, however, it again depends on your nationality. I hope it helps