Thread: West Auckland ?

Default West Auckland ?

We are going for a look around West Auckland tomorrow .......any recommendations please or places to avoid ?

Thanks ,

Marie x

Ok, we've been looking at West Auck from this side of the world. Def appear to get more house for your money. My parents live in Massey, I wouldn't actually recommend it. Areas I'd look at are West Harbour, Titirangi, Te Atatu South and Te Atatu Peninsula, Henderson Heights. It really depends what you are looking for. These areas all have good primary schools although the High schools aren't as good as say Howick in East Auckland. (As our two are 2 and 4 we're more worried about primary schools).
    West Harbour is nice and it's as easy to get to the Shore as the city. You just need to be aware that the North-western motorway during rush hour is like a giant parking lot! Titirangi is beautiful but there's local body restrictions on removal of native bush - you're allowed to clear enough to build a house on a section and that's it, so alot of the houses are dark and damp cos they're right in the bush. Love the shops there though - very villagey.
    I lived in Massey for years and it was fine. Def not a trendy area - but if you're going to live out west you may as well get used to the 'Westie' title now!

Good luck. Let us know how you get on. And let me know what you think of places as we'll (hopefully) be heading that way early next year.

'Westie' Debs

Oops, did you mean to live or just to visit. To visit would recommend the Waitakere Visitor Centre (I think that's what it's called), Titirangi, any of the West Coast Beaches (Piha - my fav, Karekare, Muriwai), Laingholm, any of the multitude of bush walks.....

Debs

Thanks Debs ....We are looking to rent there .....

Marie x