Thread: SMC Visa with Job Offer

Default SMC Visa with Job Offer

Hi Guys,

Can i apply for EOI before joining. i have my job offer in hand. Senior members please advice.

yes, you can claim 50 points for a skilled job OFFER in Auckland and 80 points for a skilled job offer outside of Auckland

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMwn View Post
    yes, you can claim 50 points for a skilled job OFFER in Auckland and 80 points for a skilled job offer outside of Auckland
    Thanks a lot Chris, my job offer is outside Auckland. I have checked the points calculator and I am getting 160 points.

http://onlineservices.immigration.go...anual/6954.htm Here are the detailed regulations for claiming points under all the headings.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    http://onlineservices.immigration.go...anual/6954.htm Here are the detailed regulations for claiming points under all the headings.
    Thanks JandM. It helps me to get my points. I will keep you guys posted on my status.

Notice, a mistake that people sometimes make is to think they can claim bonus points for Area of Absolute Skills Shortage AND Identified Future Growth Area, but that is not the case. It's AASS if the person has no NZ job offer, and IFGA if they do have a NZ job offer.

Got you JandM. Will keep this in mind.