Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Partner Work Visa Granted?? :D

Default Partner Work Visa Granted?? :D

They received my application on 1st July and I had a phone call yesterday while at work to say that he would be processing it soon and that he would only be able to grant the 12 months as have been with my partner less than a year etc which I knew anyway and this morning I've had a e-mail to check online and it says it has been granted!

However I also applied for a second working holiday visa thinking that there might be a wait on the partner one being approved but I'm sure that it isn't the working holiday that has actually been approved this morning? I forgot to ask him on the phone if that one was just going to be discarded. The money for the WHV hasn't gone out of my bank account so I defiantly think it's the partner one that's gone through and the WHV wont be going through now??

Just a little confusing when you check online because it has my current 1st year WHV on there and then the one that's just been granted but both say work visa so look like the same application apart from dates and application number lol

I don't think anyone here will be able to tell you. You'd need to ask INZ - or just wait and see what happens. (To be honest, I think it's unlikely INZ would ever pay money back once they've received it, but if they haven't taken it yet, there might be a chance.)

I just gave them a ring and it is defiantly the partner work visa that has been granted She said that the Working Holiday Visa has not been put through and will not be put through now and that the money should defiantly not be coming out of my bank account YAY! Can't believe how quick it was after months of stress! 7 days approved! It was also the Christchurch Office in case anyone wants to know where mine was sent and processed

Dear Sir / Madam,

My partner was fortunate to secure a job & obtain resident visa. I was not so lucky as my points did not fulfill the skilled Migrant- EOI application ( 150 ). Our plan is to settle down in New Zealand for good.
    Would you be able to advise what best option that I could do to allow me to obtain a resident visa & look for a job since rental is pricey. I have yet to arrive in NZ & planning to make the necessary arrangements before quitting my job. You views & suggestion is highly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by elmiee View Post
    I just gave them a ring and it is defiantly the partner work visa that has been granted She said that the Working Holiday Visa has not been put through and will not be put through now and that the money should defiantly not be coming out of my bank account YAY! Can't believe how quick it was after months of stress! 7 days approved! It was also the Christchurch Office in case anyone wants to know where mine was sent and processed
    Congratulations!

Quote Originally Posted by vjnetcom View Post
    My partner was fortunate to secure a job & obtain resident visa. I was not so lucky as my points did not fulfill the skilled Migrant- EOI application ( 150 ).
    The minimum to get an EOI selected without a job offer is 140 points.

But in any case...

Would you be able to advise what best option that I could do to allow me to obtain a resident visa & look for a job since rental is pricey. I have yet to arrive in NZ & planning to make the necessary arrangements before quitting my job. You views & suggestion is highly appreciated.
    As your partner is now a NZ resident, s/he may be able to sponsor you for some kind of partner visa. It could be this one https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...-resident-visa if you have proof of having lived together for at least 12 months (and meet the other conditions) or this one http://onlineservices.immigration.go...nual/40501.htm (and see the other links of that page, and the form is here https://www.immigration.govt.nz/docu...016_fa_web.pdf) if you can prove less time than that, but at least 2 - 3 months.

Apologies. Yes you were right. I got mixed up with the numbers. Mine was 130 & hers was 140. She advised me to apply for a tourist visa first but I am looking for better option minimize the time lost. Thanks for the prompt reply.

Hi Elmiee. May I ask how many months you have lived together with your partnee upon lodging your wlrk visa application? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gcapd View Post
    Hi Elmiee. May I ask how many months you have lived together with your partnee upon lodging your wlrk visa application? Thanks
    From this http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread....ht=#post537813, seven months.

Yup JandM is right, we would have been together a year next month on 23rd but we moved in together just before Christmas so have been living together 7 months

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast