Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SMC Application Process

Default SMC Application Process

Hi thee,

I've lodged my SMC application recently and would like to know what processes follow after this lodgement. I know that after a case officer will be allocated to it and would like to know what kind of queries will the case office normally have ? tks.

Your EOI has been selected by machine, on the basis of the number of points you say you have.

Next, officials will look at all the EOIs selected this week, to make sure that IT LOOKS AS THOUGH, with the qualifications listed, those people really have the number of points to be selected. If not, they could be put back in the pool, or refused (for instance, if they turn out to have less than 100 points really). If the officials think all is well, they will send you an ITA. (This can all take some weeks.)

You send back the ITA, with evidence of everything you said about yourself. Then your Case Officer (CO) will take all the time it needs to check out everything you have sent in. (This can take months.) The CO will send to you for more information any time s/he finds it necessary.

When the CO gets to the point that everything seems to be true, if you don't have a job offer, s/he will set up an interview. In the interview, s/he will be judging whether you seem to be the kind of person who is employable in NZ, and if you could fit into NZ society. (There are many old threads on the forum giving you Interview Questions.) As a result of this interview, the result is one of three things - Approved in Principle for Residence, or a Job Search visa (deferred Residence) which gives the person a nine months visa to find a skilled job in NZ, or refusal.

But before the applicant is told the result, the case is checked over by a different official - there can be quite a long delay till this is done, partly depending on which office is dealing with your case.

So you will not be sure of anything until the end of this process. You will be like everyone else - often thinking about INZ, and worrying, and hoping the time will pass quickly. Good luck.

Tks JnM. My SMC is being processed in Auckland - is this fast or slow ? Also, I have a job offer too.

My SMC is being processed in Auckland - is this fast or slow ?
    https://www.immigration.govt.nz/abou...sa-application The different INZ offices run fast or slow depending on the volume of work going through them, and that is entirely unpredictable, as there is no way to tell how many people will apply for a visa just before and at the same time as you. If a particular office gets very blocked up, and another has some spare capacity, INZ sometimes move cases around.
    Also, I have a job offer too.
    That will mean you get into a (slightly) faster stream.

Are you on a work visa, or have you applied for one?

Yes, I've applied the work visa together with the SMC.

Hi JandM, can you advise me whether the CO will contact my ex employers although I have submitted the previous employment contracts and work reference letters to her?

Yes, s/he will. A CO processing an application has to verify every piece of evidence, by asking someone who is in a position to know if it is true.

Thank You.

They will check everything.They will definitely contact your employer provide correct contact details specially working email id of employer and phone no.

Tks. Did they contact your ex-employers or the current NZ employer that offer the job ?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast