Thread: Resident visa to permanent resident visa !

Default Resident visa to permanent resident visa !

Hi Guys,

1. I came to NZ on 10 Aug 2015. When is the earliest date I can submit an application to convert my visa from Resident to Permanent Resident Visa ?.

2. If I submit my application at the Auckland Immigration New Zealand office, how long will it take to process my application ?.

3. Do I need to bring my spouse and children who are currently in overseas (but stayed in NZ few months), to the immigration office or just their passports alone should be enough for the visa conversion ?. (I'm the principal applicant. Rest of my family members will join me permanently in Dec 2017.)

Appreciate if anyone could answer these queries. Thank you.

1. From the point of view of the requirement for holding a Residence visa, the soonest you can apply is 10th August, 2017. But you need to satisfy the other requirements also. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...anent-resident Time is counted from when your visa was activated upon first arrival and presenting your passport at Immigration at the airport. (This is automatically logged in the INZ computer.) But notice, they count BACKWARDS from the date of application for PR, to check the PREVIOUS two years, which must fall within the time since your Residence was activated.

2. It varies, but it is usually done within two or three weeks.

3. They don't have to be there in person.

Thanks JandM. Very helpful information.