Thread: Skill Migration with 140 points, but no job offer

Default Skill Migration with 140 points, but no job offer

I want to apply skill migration visa of New Zealand. After calculating points in official website, I have 140 points totally, but with no job offer.

In case, I am not sure how difficulties to be successfully granted the PR visa with my skill (my occupation is Computer Network Engineer, ICT Business Analyst), but have anyone share me some information to my situation? Also, what situation does case officer offer a job search visa instead of PR?

I read some threads each case would be reviewed by 2 x Case Officer generally. It looks that the whole process may be consumed around 1 year with no further issue. In case, I only have around 2 years to obtain the 140 pts.

Thx!
    Jeff

I think for gaining points on your age it will b counted at the date u summit so dont worry
    For residency with job search it just means that if u successfully find skilled employment in NZ the u get residency status.

For points calcuation, it is a little tricky, please read carefully all supporting parts especially the work experience points
    I think u r looking at minimum 6 months- over a year to get ur residency label.

Good luck

Here http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread....219#post519219 is an old post that explains about why people can get the SMC JSV instead of Residence outright.

Here http://onlineservices.immigration.go...anual/6954.htm are the regulations about claiming the different points. SM6 has a chart of possible points, and the other sections tell you the detailed requirements.

Dear JandM and Andy8713

Thank you for your valuable information and assistance.

BTW, I have some question when I fill-in the EOI.
    1. My wife seems lost the birth certificate, does it an essential document for application?
    2. I have two children, one is 6 years and has a passport, but one is 3 months with no passport. Should I apply the passport to my 2nd child before submitting the EOI?
    3. In work experience section, it has a text box for explaining how my working experiences relevant my recognition qualification or claimed skill for migration. Is it most important for CO decision? I see that I can write max 3000 words, but I just described a high-level of my job nature. Can I write it in point form?
    4. If all my known colleagues / teammates in ex-employers left for a long time, do I still fill-in the experience in the EOI? (i.e. related my skill)
    5. Follow the above question 4, how can i claim the experience with no any reference in that company?

Too many questions! Let see you can share some information to me.

Thank you & Regards,
    Jeff

1. Yes, it's essential.

2. Yes.

3. It is asking you to show how the various subject matter of your qualification is used in your work. So it probably will be in point form, or short sections. 'My second-year module was about research into xyz. In my work, I head a team developing new uses for xyz' - or whatever it might be.

4 and 5. It doesn't matter if they have all left the company, as long as you find one of them who will give the necessary evidence about your responsibilities in that job, your start and finish dates, and that you worked full-time. Your own financial records or tax records will probably show what your earnings were (the other fact required). If you need to claim the points for that job, you HAVE to find someone who can write you the necessary letter. It may be, if the company is still in existence, that they will still have your records, and that someone there will give you the necessary, even though they don't know you.

Dear JandM,

For point 4 / 5:
    - Have any special format, content (e.g. position, salary, etc) or requirement of the work reference letter?
    - Could I just give my employment contract or my ex-boss reference letter (may or may not have detail job nature information) to prove my experience?
    - In worse case, ex-employer's HR Manager doesn't want to give me the reference letter, could I declare my job nature by myself in Home Affairs Department (HK)? (The HA officer will sign and chop.)

Thank you & Regards,
    Jeff

There is no special format.

The required facts are these.

full description of responsibilities
    start and finish dates
    working hours
    salary

The description is required because a job title is entirely the employer's choice, and the same words could mean many different things. The oddest job title we had mentioned on the forum was 'assistant to Mr Brown' - we said at the time, Mr Brown could be the company's CEO, or could be the janitor!

Start and finish dates confirm your claim for years of work experience.

Working hours so they can check that this job can be counted as full-time (30 hours per week, and above).

Salary so they can see that this was at the proper rate for a skilled position.

All these points have to be covered by some evidence or other, which can be checked with a third party. It might be four different pieces of evidence, all covering the same job, e.g. job offer letter, HR department job description, contract, bank statements, tax records, pay slips, letter from former colleague, etc. etc.. They don't usually accept a personal affidavit.